Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: What should the Sub-Zero Edition Size be ?
500 pcs 19 22.09%
375 pcs 16 18.60%
275 pcs 15 17.44%
200 pcs 36 41.86%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #61
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Merry Christmas!

Im sorry, you do not need a PhD in Stat to see that the MAJORITY of the people see a need to increase the Edition Size. again you can spin it how ever you want use what ever angle possible but at the end of the day, 73 people voted, 41 see the need for (some type of) increase while 32 say it should stay put.

This is what im talking about with your angles and logic:

For someone that supposedly has a "clue" you certainly are jumping to conclusions trying to frame your desired response. the dozen or so voters saw the need for an ES increase, if they didn't they would've voted probably 200. Your bolded logic is flawed, another way you can interpret the results and skew them to get the result you want to see. Enormous bump, small bump, baby bump, whether you like it or not they are all bumps.

again Merry Christmas.

Yours Truly,

Clueless

Your festive post has me in the Christmas spirit so I'll give more explanation for the few that still can't seem to get their head around it.

You're making the poll something it isn't. There is a reason Jerry gave specific ES options. He's not simply just trying to see if people want the ES raised...he wants to see how high they would want them raised.
If the question was as simple as you were trying to make it (to fit your argument), there would have been two options: leave it at 200 or raise it. But that's not what he did.

Use your logic and tell us what the new ES size should be...you want to take the combined total of 3 options but one of them would have to be chosen in the end and that option would have half the votes or less of the 200 option. How is that the majority's wish?

I see what you are saying about "jumping to conclusions" but it's a simple assumption. The people that chose 275 are somewhat concerned that 200 will not be enough and they may get shut out, however, they are obviously also concerned about leaving the ES as low as possible. If they weren't, why wouldn't they have chosen the 500 option which would give them a much better chance of scoring one? The 500 voters obviously couldn't care less about ES and just want a guarantee that will be able to obtain one. THIS is why you can't just simply add together the votes of anyone that voted over 200...they have completely different goals. I made an assumption that if they were given only two options, 200 and 500, that many of those current 275 voters would have opted for 200 because they care more about keeping the ES low. It's a fair assumption but nobody knows for sure unless you ask each of the 275 voters why they chose 275 instead of 500.

Now I'm going to go back to enjoying my Christmas, the 5th grade math lesson is over. Merry Christmas!
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #62
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

(200*32+275*14+375*16+500*17)/79

= 313
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #63
shin3000
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Your festive post has me in the Christmas spirit so I'll give more explanation for the few that still can't seem to get their head around it.

You're making the poll something it isn't. There is a reason Jerry gave specific ES options. He's not simply just trying to see if people want the ES raised...he wants to see how high they would want them raised.
If the question was as simple as you were trying to make it (to fit your argument), there would have been two options: leave it at 200 or raise it. But that's not what he did.

Use your logic and tell us what the new ES size should be...you want to take the combined total of 3 options but one of them would have to be chosen in the end and that option would have half the votes or less of the 200 option. How is that the majority's wish?

I see what you are saying about "jumping to conclusions" but it's a simple assumption. The people that chose 275 are somewhat concerned that 200 will not be enough and they may get shut out, however, they are obviously also concerned about leaving the ES as low as possible. If they weren't, why wouldn't they have chosen the 500 option which would give them a much better chance of scoring one? The 500 voters obviously couldn't care less about ES and just want a guarantee that will be able to obtain one. THIS is why you can't just simply add together the votes of anyone that voted over 200...they have completely different goals. I made an assumption that if they were given only two options, 200 and 500, that many of those current 275 voters would have opted for 200 because they care more about keeping the ES low. It's a fair assumption but nobody knows for sure unless you ask each of the 275 voters why they chose 275 instead of 500.

Now I'm going to go back to enjoying my Christmas, the 5th grade math lesson is over. Merry Christmas!
shin3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #64
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
(200*32+275*14+375*16+500*17)/79

= 313
Funny that was the first thing i did in my head when i saw the results.

Math geeks unite !
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #65
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post

I like you Big Lebowski. I'm certain you're on Santa's "Nice" list.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote