Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-08-2018, 01:59 PM   #81
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I’d respectfully disagree. Man-Bat really sets the top of this piece off IMO and receives literally no love in statue form. Riddler wouldn’t do the same in his place to me. That said Riddler definitely belongs here. Shame they couldn’t squeeze him in too. I’ll probably get egged for this but replacing Harley with him wouldn’t bother me a bit.
I agree, Man-Bat looks really good and the piece wouldn´t be the same without him. I would love to see Riddler though.

But the only thing I would change, and it would make this piece 100% perfect for me, is to change Joker´s gun for a razor. I think it would look more menacing.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:01 PM   #82
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Riddler needed to be in this. He is an iconic Batman villain. I wish they would remove Man Bat (sorry everyone but he is a 3rd tier Batman villain) and place Bane in his spot (a nice large presence!). Then, in Bane's current spot, you put Riddler. Oh, and it would have great to squeeze Ra's in there as well.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:01 PM   #83
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

A razor in Joker’s hand would be pretty darn cool. I’d approve.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #84
built2shred
Phoenix

I've just never been a fan of Man-Bat he's a very low tier villain wise IMO...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #85
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Riddler needed to be in this. He is an iconic Batman villain. I wish they would remove Man Bat (sorry everyone but he is a 3rd tier Batman villain) and place Bane in his spot (a nice large presence!). Then, in Bane's current spot, you put Riddler. Oh, and it would have great to squeeze Ra's in there as well.
Man-Bat may be a 3rd tier villain but he has a more established history than both Bane and Harley. Both of which have seen a ton of love in statue form. He’s a classic villain and one of the last characters I’d personally remove.

As far as Ra’s goes? I’m cool with his omission despite his relevance in Batman’s rogues gallery. From a pure visual standpoint his design isn’t as cool. I’d even pick a character like Firefly over Ra’s.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #86
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I'm quoting my own quote. Sorry. But i have another small change. After you remove Man-Bat and put Bane in his spot, you bring Scarecrow down to the bottom (in Bane's old spot) holding a device spraying the smoke/fear toxin. Then you put Riddler in Scarecrow's old spot. I think it would not only work, it would tell the story better (note, I poached the idea of the fear toxin from a previous commenter -Punisher- so that piece of the idea is not mine - my idea is just the movement of Scarecrow to the bottom of the base).
Old 09-08-2018, 02:11 PM   #87
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Man-Bat may be a 3rd tier villain but he has a more established history than both Bane and Harley. Both of which have seen a ton of love in statue form. He’s a classic villain and one of the last characters I’d personally remove.

As far as Ra’s goes? I’m cool with his omission despite his relevance in Batman’s rogues gallery. From a pure visual standpoint his design isn’t as cool. I’d even pick a character like Firefly over Ra’s.
Maybe but Bane and Harley are more interesting characters and have been featured in a lot more comics then him... Plus at first glance Man-Bat looks like a vampire or demon up there... it's the only thing about the statue I'm not crazy about..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:17 PM   #88
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Maybe but Bane and Harley are more interesting characters and have been featured in a lot more comics then him... Plus at first glance Man-Bat looks like a vampire or demon up there... it's the only thing about the statue I'm not crazy about..
Agree. And I'm not trying to diss Man-Bat but if you held up photos of Man Bat and Bane and asked 100 random people who they were, I bet there would be a lot more people who would know Bane.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #89
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I don’t think XM is moving characters at this point. It’s a printed statue now. Next step paint and done. Maybe a few minor tweaks may be made but I think it’s done . My opinion anyways
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:21 PM   #90
nearmint
Phoenix

Character choices are Finch’s vision.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote