Originally Posted by The13thWarlock
I think if you don't have any real or original YouTube content to put up, you shouldn't be allowed to just blast at other people to fill you weekly time spot. Maybe I'm wrong, I do t know. Tell me about what you know, not about what you heard. These two are sloppy and weak and by the ones own admission have just goth the word through a few PMs that ARH has bad customer service.
More examples of people hopping on the anti-ARH bandwagon like it's the flavor of the month. People who in all likelihood don't own a single ARH piece nor would they own one.
I feel like a lot of people are targeting ARH because of the content of the statues. The nudity that most statues have really puts people up in arms. Why? I have no idea, but it does. Now people want to complain about anything and everything to discredit them.
It's like sharks tearing pieces of blubber off of a dying whale... sad.
Well if you watched the whole video (I know it went on a bit haha) you would see that we are not against ARH or we would not have included their Medusa into the best 1/4 female section.
Also we have reviewed their Thor in a very positive light along with the 1/3 Seduction piece (not yet posted).
It is not their products We have issue with (apart from the new Leonidas head), but;
1) The unprofessional posts by their reps. 1st about not being able to provide decent packaging. due to their low edition sizes. i have see customs of less than a 30 piece run come with great quality packaging and art boxes.
2) Another public post about numbers not matching on statues and certificates given
on both of the above it is more the content and tone of these posts that said this is how it is and that is it..
3) Being told and being sent screen shots from collectors who have been chasing fully paid pieces (including shipping) for months and not receiving the items. or even responses at times.
4) collectors receiving broken statues and asked to glue or paint them themselves
5) Collectors asking to send broken items back and having to pay the cost themselves. One collector paid shipping to themselves - back to arh - then again for the new piece to be sent out...
6) A collector did not receive an ex piece and again spent months or emails requesting the piece to be sent out
These are a few issues and due to these I would personally not buy from the company. I really do like the pieces they put out and I hope they review their processes and improve for the customers who are paying for a product promised to them.