Statue Forum 




XM Studios




StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #11
Viper245
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Viper245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 7,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Things will get scary in here if this is a variant.
Indeed they will, Lady D.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #12
Canadaguy705
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
 
Canadaguy705's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Things will get scary in here if this is a variant.

Agreed!

But I don't think it will be a variant.

The preview says that SS will be continuing the story of Red Sonja. And based on the picture it will involve a snake.

.... unless it's the exact same pose with a different outfit and a giant snake head instead of a Frost Giant.
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #13
COI
...
Super Moderator
 
COI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,212
It's clearly a new PF, not a variant.

And I don't know why people are complaining already. This could easily be a year or more off from being shown, and 2 years from shipping. Many of the previews from last year still haven't been shown, like the Arkham City PFs or the Black Cat comiquette.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:21 PM   #14
Armored_Berserk
What's another word for Thesaurus?
 
Armored_Berserk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: France
Posts: 2,398
I read the title too fast and read "she-male with a sword PF" !
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:21 PM   #15
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer
 
SSAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,771
Just to squash any concern...this is not a variant but a brand new piece.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #16
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
It's clearly a new PF, not a variant.

And I don't know why people are complaining already. This could easily be a year or more off from being shown, and 2 years from shipping. Many of the previews from last year still haven't been shown, like the Arkham City PFs or the Black Cat comiquette.
It's kind of a double edge sword in that regard though. Either it means one, they are using resources that could be channeled into making other properties or statues, or two, it's a teaser of nothing that will take years to come out. So which negative Nancy outlook would people prefer?
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #17
grphyx1
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
grphyx1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,665
oh thank you Alex. Hope you had a superb holiday celebration my dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Just to squash any concern...this is not a variant but a brand new piece.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #18
hideousboi
Sculptor
Sculptor
 
hideousboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: encino
Posts: 257
i have had the honor of seeing this one being sculpted by sideshow's own Will Harbottle. it is truly amazing!
hideousboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #19
COI
...
Super Moderator
 
COI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeek View Post
It's kind of a double edge sword in that regard though. Either it means one, they are using resources that could be channeled into making other properties or statues, or two, it's a teaser of nothing that will take years to come out. So which negative Nancy outlook would people prefer?
Well, you can't satisfy everyone in that respect. Who determines where resources should be best focused? Every property has its fans and its detractors.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:34 PM   #20
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
VS1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 19,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by hideousboi View Post
i have had the honor of seeing this one being sculpted by sideshow's own Will Harbottle. it is truly amazing!
pics or it didn't happen
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com