Statue Forum 


XM Studios






StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Forum Awards!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2017, 10:22 AM   #61
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
Bmutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Nope I have seen several polls up on FB, many in groups with a huge amount of XM fans, and SSC wins most of them by a hefty margin. I was very surprised in fact by one because many of the admins at the time are heavy supporters of XM, but the guys there out it simply, SSC produces more statues at a more affordable price point then almost any other company. In the end people put their names and reps behind their votes as well, which brings me to my main point.... Until the votes for these awards are public, a function that VBulletin supports and is easy to set up, these awards are always going to be called into question. A truly public vote where memebers could see who voted and if there were two dozen new members who just signed in to vote but never posted or participated again, would be far more transparent, and again the forum has that kind of functionality and it would eliminate any question of the vote. I don't get the logic of having a hidden vote and one not done publically. In fact it seem counter intuitive if you want there to be no accusation of impropriatey or "rigging".
We do not do public, real-time voting for two reasons:

1. It ruins the surprise and thus ruins the fun.

2. It influences voting and creates voter apathy. If someone's favourite isn't winning, they won't vote because they feel their vote won't make a difference, or they will vote for something that they wouldn't have otherwise because what they want to vote for may have no chance. We don't want that. We want people to vote for their favourite.

If the Awards event brings people to the forum to create an account, your claiming that's a bad thing? How does increasing the membership negatively impact anyone? Only people that post dozens of times in a day are worthy?

One of the goals of the event is to draw people to the forum, so if people are signing up because of it, that's great. If some of them don't stick around, so what...some will. There are thousands of users that create accounts and never post anything or sign-in regardless of the awards...so, what's your point?

This event has grown leaps and bounds each year, and each year Sideshow slips further and further down in the results...I do not believe that is a coincidence. Really, the only people claiming rigged results are the Sideshow fanboys that can't seem to fathom that they are losing popularity each year.

To anyone claiming Tsume isn't deserving...I can tell you all that they have a very large and passionate fanbase. They show up in force. I am not into anime, so I personally underestimated the popularity as well...never again...they are a very popular company outside of North America. They are a legit contender, and their results are justified.

At the end of the day, no matter how we structure the event, there will be a contingent of sourpusses and conspiracy theorists that insist the event is rigged. Nothing we do will change that.
__________________

2016 STATUE OF THE YEAR: DRAGON SHIRYU BY TSUME-ART
Go HERE for more info on the Statue Awards event.

Latest Reviews:
XM Studios Cable
XM Studios Venom 1/4 Scale Bust
H.M.O. Nariko

My Instagram Page
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #62
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
Bmutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,990
Semi-Final voting is now LIVE...go HERE for more info and the voting link.
__________________

2016 STATUE OF THE YEAR: DRAGON SHIRYU BY TSUME-ART
Go HERE for more info on the Statue Awards event.

Latest Reviews:
XM Studios Cable
XM Studios Venom 1/4 Scale Bust
H.M.O. Nariko

My Instagram Page
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:18 PM   #63
worstgamerever
U talkin' to me?
 
worstgamerever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 508
Thanks for doing this. Incredible amount of effort and polish.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:39 PM   #64
MrJones
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.
 
MrJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,291
Voted again for statue of the year semi-finals. Hard to pick between Ghost Rider and Deathstroke as I've never seen either in real life and all video reviews I've seen of both, they BOTH look incredible. So I went with Ghost Rider just because I think it took some serious innovation in the engineering of it.

I'd also like to thank Bmutha and everyone involved in making this poll. 2 years ago I missed out on it and couldn't wait until last year for the chance to participate. I can tell so much work goes into it and it's not like you guys who put it together are getting paid to do this. It's hours out of your life to put this together, so for that I salute you.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #65
nbr3bagshotrow
Mod of the Rings
Super Moderator
 
nbr3bagshotrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Shire
Posts: 31,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Voted again for statue of the year semi-finals. Hard to pick between Ghost Rider and Deathstroke as I've never seen either in real life and all video reviews I've seen of both, they BOTH look incredible. So I went with Ghost Rider just because I think it took some serious innovation in the engineering of it.

I'd also like to thank Bmutha and everyone involved in making this poll. 2 years ago I missed out on it and couldn't wait until last year for the chance to participate. I can tell so much work goes into it and it's not like you guys who put it together are getting paid to do this. It's hours out of your life to put this together, so for that I salute you.
Thanks. It is mostly Kris (bmutha) who deserves the credit.
__________________
Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes.
nbr3bagshotrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #66
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
Bmutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
Thanks for doing this. Incredible amount of effort and polish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Voted again for statue of the year semi-finals. Hard to pick between Ghost Rider and Deathstroke as I've never seen either in real life and all video reviews I've seen of both, they BOTH look incredible. So I went with Ghost Rider just because I think it took some serious innovation in the engineering of it.

I'd also like to thank Bmutha and everyone involved in making this poll. 2 years ago I missed out on it and couldn't wait until last year for the chance to participate. I can tell so much work goes into it and it's not like you guys who put it together are getting paid to do this. It's hours out of your life to put this together, so for that I salute you.
Thanks. The positive comments are much appreciated, and hopefully most people view the event as a positive (I believe that to be the case).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Thanks. It is mostly Kris (bmutha) who deserves the credit.
I had help along the way...people that participate in discussion and prelim voting...GaryTonge helped out a lot with prepping the statue photos and background theme for the banners.
__________________

2016 STATUE OF THE YEAR: DRAGON SHIRYU BY TSUME-ART
Go HERE for more info on the Statue Awards event.

Latest Reviews:
XM Studios Cable
XM Studios Venom 1/4 Scale Bust
H.M.O. Nariko

My Instagram Page
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:36 PM   #67
GrumpyBear
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.
 
GrumpyBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Europe/Germany
Posts: 2,883
Piece, love and harmony.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #68
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
Bmutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallix View Post
I think if it's possible, there should be a category just for busts.

Thanks for your work and your time with these awards.

Where is the link to vote for the semi finals ? Thank you.
Something we are considering and may implement next year. Likely we will expand with 1 to 2 new categories.

The only problem with busts is that there really aren't that many released, especially the 1/2 scale and bigger...but, still, it's under serious consideration.
__________________

2016 STATUE OF THE YEAR: DRAGON SHIRYU BY TSUME-ART
Go HERE for more info on the Statue Awards event.

Latest Reviews:
XM Studios Cable
XM Studios Venom 1/4 Scale Bust
H.M.O. Nariko

My Instagram Page
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:01 PM   #69
El Diablo
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: U.K.
Posts: 7,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
How did the ECC Medusa bust not win anything ?
It was released before the 25th, she one the most impressive life size busts ever made.

Yeah agree on that, I can't think of anything released last year that was more impressive.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:56 PM   #70
majestic1
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
majestic1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Yeah agree on that, I can't think of anything released last year that was more impressive.
I'm shocked that the ECC Hulk 1:3 maquette never got a mention either, for some reason ECC seem to get overlooked each year during these awards when they seem to consistently put out the best pieces.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com