Statue Forum 



XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Forum Awards!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2017, 04:17 PM   #71
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
Bmutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I'm shocked that the ECC Hulk 1:3 maquette never got a mention either, for some reason ECC seem to get overlooked each year during these awards when they seem to consistently put out the best pieces.
ECC had two pieces nominated last year and one the year before, so no, they are not overlooked each year.
__________________

2016 STATUE OF THE YEAR: DRAGON SHIRYU BY TSUME-ART
Go HERE for more info on the Statue Awards event.

Latest Reviews:
XM Studios Cable
Hot Toys First Order Stormtrooper
XM Studios Venom

My Instagram Page
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:46 PM   #72
MuppetMad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Nice....and the longer you keep the votes SECRET when you could make them public the more and more it LOOKS like a bunch of XM fanboys are just handing their fav company an "award".
Quite a strange response to me. How long has Sideshow been around compared to XM? You are telling me with the time SS has around that XM has more fanboys? I find that makes no sense. Looking at these forums, you get 'fanboys' on both sides of the fence. The only possible reason there could be more 'fanboys' of xm as you say, is that SS has fallen in trust and standard compared to them and people are switching companies they prefer. This in itself show SS is dropping.

If it truly was about fanboys, then SS should be winning hands down on all these awards just due to the fact of how many supporters they have had over the years. To blantantly blame xm fanboys as the reason SS haven't won an award just seems like an agenda.

Quality speaks for itself. I buy SS, XM, Prime 1, Iron studios, Tsume, etc. But I still agree with the awards. No point getting butt hurt about it.
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #73
MuppetMad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
See it isn't bout reality it is about the perception, and that was my point. There are ways to avoid that, but they guys who run this thing don't seem to want to listen.
I understand that point, but you will get the other side where people don't want their votes to be shown with their names attached. A lot of people go on forums and also on fb groups to view the content and not actually make comments. They want to stay hidden.

It is a hard issue to figure out properly, because there are both sides to the issue. Even in those fb posts you mentioned you can just get gang up ss groups to voice the loudest and then suddenly ss is the best company of the year. Im in a group of a few hundred with guys that have been around a very long time collecting and this question was asked there too of who was the best company and statues of 2016. And believe me there are a lot of ss lovers in there. Guess who came on top? XM. Im just saying to show SS is better based on a couple of other posts doesn't mean much either.

I truly believe you need a group of people who will vote based on the quality of a piece and overall company ethic. The only thing I can ascertain by 'perceived xm bias' is that you are saying people just don't trust the admins in here. But my question is will they ever? Even if you put peoples ign's to show, those same people will still just say they are all xm fanboys too. It wont change anything. Because the same SS people who claim its rigged will still fight to the death no matter how open you make it. I highly doubt it will solve anything.

Maybe Sideshow Freaks should do one and see if this flips around? When you get guys like Ink deleting comments because someone asks why he is always bashing xm, then you know you have admins arguing for SS too.

At the end of the day you will never win by trying to prove no one is cheating. Bottom line is, you either trust these guys or you don't.
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:14 PM   #74
JP Sarri
Chief Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
JP Sarri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bluffton, SC USA
Posts: 5,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetMad View Post
I understand that point, but you will get the other side where people don't want their votes to be shown with their names attached. A lot of people go on forums and also on fb groups to view the content and not actually make comments. They want to stay hidden.

It is a hard issue to figure out properly, because there are both sides to the issue. Even in those fb posts you mentioned you can just get gang up ss groups to voice the loudest and then suddenly ss is the best company of the year. Im in a group of a few hundred with guys that have been around a very long time collecting and this question was asked there too of who was the best company and statues of 2016. And believe me there are a lot of ss lovers in there. Guess who came on top? XM. Im just saying to show SS is better based on a couple of other posts doesn't mean much either.

I truly believe you need a group of people who will vote based on the quality of a piece and overall company ethic. The only thing I can ascertain by 'perceived xm bias' is that you are saying people just don't trust the admins in here. But my question is will they ever? Even if you put peoples ign's to show, those same people will still just say they are all xm fanboys too. It wont change anything. Because the same SS people who claim its rigged will still fight to the death no matter how open you make it. I highly doubt it will solve anything.

Maybe Sideshow Freaks should do one and see if this flips around? When you get guys like Ink deleting comments because someone asks why he is always bashing xm, then you know you have admins arguing for SS too.

At the end of the day you will never win by trying to prove no one is cheating. Bottom line is, you either trust these guys or you don't.
Thank you. Excellent post!
__________________
"I'm not seeking penance for what I've done, Father. I'm asking for forgiveness... for what I'm about to do." -Matt Murdock

Click a link below and follow me ->
YouTube Facebook Twitter Instagram photobucket MoviePilot
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:59 PM   #75
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
Bmutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,050
Less than 24 hours left to vote in the semi-finals!!!
__________________

2016 STATUE OF THE YEAR: DRAGON SHIRYU BY TSUME-ART
Go HERE for more info on the Statue Awards event.

Latest Reviews:
XM Studios Cable
Hot Toys First Order Stormtrooper
XM Studios Venom

My Instagram Page
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #76
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
Bmutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,050
Semi-Final results are in (see post # 4 of this thread).

The FINAL match up is set...voting will start tomorrow!!

__________________

2016 STATUE OF THE YEAR: DRAGON SHIRYU BY TSUME-ART
Go HERE for more info on the Statue Awards event.

Latest Reviews:
XM Studios Cable
Hot Toys First Order Stormtrooper
XM Studios Venom

My Instagram Page
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:19 AM   #77
Cali604
Death is hereditary.
Adamantium Plus Member
 
Cali604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetMad View Post
I understand that point, but you will get the other side where people don't want their votes to be shown with their names attached. A lot of people go on forums and also on fb groups to view the content and not actually make comments. They want to stay hidden.

It is a hard issue to figure out properly, because there are both sides to the issue. Even in those fb posts you mentioned you can just get gang up ss groups to voice the loudest and then suddenly ss is the best company of the year. Im in a group of a few hundred with guys that have been around a very long time collecting and this question was asked there too of who was the best company and statues of 2016. And believe me there are a lot of ss lovers in there. Guess who came on top? XM. Im just saying to show SS is better based on a couple of other posts doesn't mean much either.

I truly believe you need a group of people who will vote based on the quality of a piece and overall company ethic. The only thing I can ascertain by 'perceived xm bias' is that you are saying people just don't trust the admins in here. But my question is will they ever? Even if you put peoples ign's to show, those same people will still just say they are all xm fanboys too. It wont change anything. Because the same SS people who claim its rigged will still fight to the death no matter how open you make it. I highly doubt it will solve anything.

Maybe Sideshow Freaks should do one and see if this flips around? When you get guys like Ink deleting comments because someone asks why he is always bashing xm, then you know you have admins arguing for SS too.

At the end of the day you will never win by trying to prove no one is cheating. Bottom line is, you either trust these guys or you don't.
Good post.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #78
JP Sarri
Chief Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
JP Sarri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bluffton, SC USA
Posts: 5,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by defmorte1 View Post
How do you vote? or am I too late?
The link is not up yet. Come back in a few.
__________________
"I'm not seeking penance for what I've done, Father. I'm asking for forgiveness... for what I'm about to do." -Matt Murdock

Click a link below and follow me ->
YouTube Facebook Twitter Instagram photobucket MoviePilot
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #79
defmorte1
Doh!
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
The link is not up yet. Come back in a few.
Thanks!!
defmorte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #80
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
Bmutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,050
Voting for the FINAL is now OPEN!!! Go HERE to vote NOW!!
__________________

2016 STATUE OF THE YEAR: DRAGON SHIRYU BY TSUME-ART
Go HERE for more info on the Statue Awards event.

Latest Reviews:
XM Studios Cable
Hot Toys First Order Stormtrooper
XM Studios Venom

My Instagram Page
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com