Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 12-08-2015, 01:55 AM   #21
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I've been thinking of having my Archangel statue repainted to the classic colors and having the base redone as a Sentinel part, but would much rather see Koto just produce one.

Why does the brown Wolverine see large in all the photos I see. If it's oversized I may have to track down the classic yellow costume version.

I'd also like to see Storm, Iceman, Beast, Jubilee, Havok (X-Factor), Polaris (X-Factor), Professor X.

Would also be nice to see Koto produce a classic Avengers line.
Brown Wolverine lines up well with all of the Koto's. Some Bowen's are a little undersized so he looks bigger.

The Yellow Wolverine is pretty much the same size and north of 500$. Superb piece tho. The Avengers line will continue, you got Black Panther and Thanos coming. Hopefully an Ant-Man or Winter Soldier after. I recommend a Archangel repaint. Have a look at mine.

Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:55 AM   #22
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Secondeded.

I like you.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:49 PM   #23
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
I've been thinking of having my Archangel statue repainted to the classic colors and having the base redone as a Sentinel part, but would much rather see Koto just produce one.

Why does the brown Wolverine see large in all the photos I see. If it's oversized I may have to track down the classic yellow costume version.

I'd also like to see Storm, Iceman, Beast, Jubilee, Havok (X-Factor), Polaris (X-Factor), Professor X.

Lol! That Archangel idea has been my vision for a while...I am actually now in talks with someone about a project. I just didn't want to do a repaint and keep the same base because I will have the X-Force version and the repaint looking the same in two different team displays...not my preference. I want a repaint to look different from the original and changing the base would change the whole look. Plus adding a Sentinel piece would add to my X-Men vs Sentinel display. It's going to be a while before things actually get going, but eventually I should have it done.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #24
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Damn Hellsbells51! That is a sick display setup you have there!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:58 PM   #25
gomur
The Tick

Quote:

I've had my Archangel repainted for a while and love it. Going to try and mod a sentinel base too. Although if Koto ever released one, I'd still be tempted if it's an awesome statue.

Love the selection and sequence of your X-requests as well, Nexus! Erick did a fantastic Bowen Beast, but I'd love him a bit bigger like the Kotos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Brown Wolverine lines up well with all of the Koto's. Some Bowen's are a little undersized so he looks bigger.

The Yellow Wolverine is pretty much the same size and north of 500$. Superb piece tho. The Avengers line will continue, you got Black Panther and Thanos coming. Hopefully an Ant-Man or Winter Soldier after. I recommend a Archangel repaint. Have a look at mine.
Well said, Vecchio1.

I bought the Bowen Ant-Man and Winter Soldier, so I'm hoping for new characters like She-Hulk or Rhino; both Bowen versions need an upgrade IMO. Although Ant-Man and Winter Soldier do make a lot of sense if they're next.

I'd also like to see Erick's take on the GotG... but mainly for Gamora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Lol! That Archangel idea has been my vision for a while...I am actually now in talks with someone about a project. I just didn't want to do a repaint and keep the same base because I will have the X-Force version and the repaint looking the same in two different team displays...not my preference. I want a repaint to look different from the original and changing the base would change the whole look. Plus adding a Sentinel piece would add to my X-Men vs Sentinel display. It's going to be a while before things actually get going, but eventually I should have it done.
I can't wait to see what you have planned, HB.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:52 PM   #26
Abrissbirne
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

We really need a Jubliee. I am considering getting a custom one or at least a remodeled/repainted Bishujou Jub.
Abrissbirne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #27
captoz
Nightwing

There are a few X-characters who could be done battling sentinels. I'd love to see Beast, Nightcrawler, blue Dazzler, Longshot, British Psylocke/Revanche, Sabretooth, Forge, Kitty as Shadowcat and Rachel Summers/Phoenix II to name a few.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:22 AM   #28
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

A Danger Room sentinel would be great now that SS has released theirs. Maybe a low edition Nimrod if people are put off by the size and cost.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:07 PM   #29
Darkcross
The Spirit

Nimrod would be great. A Jim Lee Deathbird would be awesome, I love her design. But might not be popular enough to warrant an edition size.

Darkcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:27 AM   #30
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post

Who repainted your Archangel? Were the wings chromed, they look great. Maybe I'll pick up a sentinel bust and see if that can be modded into a destroyed base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcross View Post
Nimrod would be great. A Jim Lee Deathbird would be awesome, I love her design. But might not be popular enough to warrant an edition size.

It would be great to see a Jim Lee Deathbird and Lilandra. Conversions will likely be the only way to get those.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote