Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 02-22-2021, 12:49 PM   #1
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

XM Studios paint vs water

Hello.

Could anybody tell please how resistant is XM paint to water?

Recently I had an unfortunate incident when water appeared inside styrofoam packing atop the statue pieces. It was the next day after delivery. The box was transported by truck for more than a week. And it is a winter time.

When I checked 1st time upon delivery everything was fine - no signs of humidity.
But when I opened the box the next day - there was water atop plastic bags on 2 biggest items in the box and around them. Even paper used for wrapping these items was wet.

I carefully wiped the water then left the box open while removing the wet items from the packing and let them dry for like 5-6 hours.

The paint seemed to be OK. But hard to say without full assembly (which I cannot do yet due to space issues).

Is it possible that the paint may now peel off?

Thank you.

P.S. I apologize if the topic is posted in a wrong sub-forum. If so - please move it.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 02:01 PM   #2
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Factory Production paint is very durable.....i used to customize a lot of statues like SSC and i do not think plain water will do anything to that paint....in your case it was only what 1 day it had water on it? Yeah that wont do anything.....maybe if the styro was dirty or some other stuff was mixed in with the water you might have some staining but should be a lot easier to clean off with production paints
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote