Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-05-2017, 10:11 AM   #351
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
Take your time for this upcoming MASTERPIECE, Jerry.

This 1/3 Sagat is going to be the ULTIMATE GRAIL. Jerry and hand sculpting a ginormous 40inch muscular male...Well, you know!!!..This is going to be a grail of grails, just from an artistic perspective!

Brace yourselves, guys!
I think it's funny that every release people say its a holy grail piece. I heard the same with Goro and others. Sagat might be a grail for some, but I feel a Grail is a very rare piece that would be liked even by the masses that don't know the character. I feel it's a great piece, but not a grail in my opinion. I feel something more popular like Thanos EX has Grail potential. I even feel that Goro would be more of a grail then Sagat but that's my own opinion.

Sagat looks amazing, but with all the pieces ever created I feel saying the Ultimate Grail is a bit of an over exaggeration, but the excitement you have is great and I'm sure he will sell out.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #352
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
I think it's funny that every release people say its a holy grail piece. I heard the same with Goro and others. Sagat might be a grail for some, but I feel a Grail is a very rare piece that would be liked even by the masses that don't know the character. I feel it's a great piece, but not a grail in my opinion. I feel something more popular like Thanos EX has Grail potential. I even feel that Goro would be more of a grail then Sagat but that's my own opinion.

Sagat looks amazing, but with all the pieces ever created I feel saying the Ultimate Grail is a bit of an over exaggeration, but the excitement you have is great and I'm sure he will sell out.
When i comes to Street Fighter and PCS, i doubt much more effort could be applied to a statue than was applied to Chun-LI 1/3
Holy Grail / Ultimate Grail.. Chun-Li 1/3 owns it

..i'm looking forward to what PCS offers in the future other than Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:46 AM   #353
ozboy
Birdman

Forpse is like CBG, rainman, capslock, !!!!! & a troll
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:10 AM   #354
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post

I agree that "grail" has been run to the ground here. Real grails are actually rare (usually 0 results on ebay), and have some kind of interesting back story, like a movie prop. Or a statue with a "centerpiece" quality to it, like the old Doom on Throne, XM Magneto, and now Thanos. They don't necessarily need to be jaw-dropping pieces, but stand the test of time.

IMO Sagat is a bit plain, design-wise, but I think he's taken over Bison in popularity over the years. They developed him into more than a one-dimensional villain.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #355
ALF_1
Justice League

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
I agree that "grail" has been run to the ground here. Real grails are actually rare (usually 0 results on ebay), and have some kind of interesting back story, like a movie prop. Or a statue with a "centerpiece" quality to it, like the old Doom on Throne, XM Magneto, and now Thanos. They don't necessarily need to be jaw-dropping pieces, but stand the test of time.

IMO Sagat is a bit plain, design-wise, but I think he's taken over Bison in popularity over the years. They developed him into more than a one-dimensional villain.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #356
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
When i comes to Street Fighter and PCS, i doubt much more effort could be applied to a statue than was applied to Chun-LI 1/3
Holy Grail / Ultimate Grail.. Chun-Li 1/3 owns it

..i'm looking forward to what PCS offers in the future other than Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat
I agree and for me Chun Li 1/3 will be the best PCS Street Fighter Grail. I feel like Jerry does great on all his work, but I think the 3 versions of Chun Li are above and beyond, on another level.

I am super excited for the Legacy set and I'm sure Sagat will please the fans

Old Snake I believe is correct that a Grail should be considered very rare and rarely to never found on EBay is a true grail.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:06 PM   #357
Drakull
Sailor Moon

I don't see what Ex can be with Sagat
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:10 PM   #358
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakull View Post
I don't see what Ex can be with Sagat
Not to sell another whole statue unless the something is different with the sculpt.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #359
theghostinside
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Not to sell another whole statue unless the something is different with the sculpt.
Shin had nothing different about his sculpt and alot of people bought both Akumas.

The only other alt that makes since is Alpha trunks with a different head sculpt.

Maybe if he is announced for V and has a different look or alt costume that could be his third following the trend with Chun and Ryu.
theghostinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #360
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Guys, guys...Grab your pencils, time to take some notes. Forps is here to clear things up!

Why this Sagat 1/3 is going to be a MASTERPIECE and a GRAIL of grails whereas Chun 1/3 isnt (even the Alpha which i predicted from day 1 that it will sellout first, but my posts got deleted in a thread where i was ALONE fighting all the wolf packs attacking Jerry in hordes)? I have said this before. The reason why some folks cant get why im saying something is cause they ONLY collect statues. I collect wines, watches, original art-paintings, stamps. I have many hobbys and i know 100% how a collectible market works. I will repeat towards the end what i wrote in Thanos on throne thread and why Thanos EX is going to fetch 5k-6k in 3 years time @ the aftermarket.

Back to the topic. Sagat 1/3.

In a era of DIGITAL sculpting and in some years in a era of digital printing and 3d printers being affordable for a small store around the corner, this hobby is going to be DESTROYED. An artist could produce a digital sculpt in Z-brush of Doom and send it to a guy in Asia who is going to "print" it at a nearby store with a 3d printer. Even with an encryption, these digital files and sculpts are going to be susceptible to hackers, to UNKNOWN edition sizes, to various problems.

The collectibility of these "sculpts" or better said "digital files" is going to be ZERO. NOT KNOWN EDITION SIZE = ZERO collector value.

Then, in ALL hobbies, whether it is WATCHES or CARS, a HAND-MADE sculpt is going to have BETTER value than a "digital" sculpt being produced in thousand pieces.

PERIOD. PERIOD. PERIOD.

So digital sculpts and the digital era have 2 major problems. The "collector" value and the "digital" vs "hand-sculpt". Do you know ANYONE on this world willing to pay 50 mill for a DIGITAL print ? How many multi-billionaires pay such an amount for a UNIQUE and HAND-PAINTED Picasso? I am not going to discuss with some random guys the FACT that this 1/3 Sagat is going to have a higher value than a 1/3 digital LIFE-LESS statue from Prime1! NO ----... WAY...

The only problem with Sagat 1/3 or Jerry's work is the license. Street Fighter is more popular than Mortal Kombat (which is already fading) but its also a dying property. The majority of fans are in the 35-50years old bracket and the kids of today play other games. As a GAME license, it has a limited time of "hype".Nevertheless, Jerry is a MASTER. A sculptor of unique capabilities. We are not going to discuss this, with some j..s mocking him over youtube or facebook who cant even sculpt a snowball.His talent is WASTED in these licenses. He has enough money nowadays and with the down-sizing of PCS, he would have enough time also to think of his LEGACY. To bring in life sculpts that are going to live for 100-200 years.

The only way to do this, is to FOCUS on his expertise. Males and especially muscular men. Jerry could be a Roman sculptor, he is a master. Nowadays is difficult to produce such stuff (big life-sized monuments). So the way to achieve his "immortality" is by bringing in life sculpts of characters who could pass the test of time.

Marvel, DC, Star Wars or some niche things eg to sculpt Arnold in his famous Mr Olympia pose, a unique and TIMELESS pose of the bodybuilding god.

If i was Jerry, i would DOWN-SIZE PCS (fewer sculpts, fewer problems, less overhead costs etc), i would focus entirely on 1/3 and i would proceed in a unique movement.

I would go over Sideshow who holds the rights for 1/3 or 1/2 Marvel, Dc and i would propose to them.

"You have the rights for 1/3,1/2 Marvel. Let me work as a freelancer and let me produce a 1/2 or a 1/3 Hulk. The ULTIMATE Hulk, the ultimate super muscular Hulk in 1/2 scale. EVER produced. I will work as a freelancer. Give me this opportunity to CEMENT my legacy as the best sculptor of male anatomy."

or an even crazier idea

"Let us along with Martin Canale and the Gore Group sculpt in parallel, 2 unique Hulks in 1/2 or 1/3. Let us have a rivalry such as

Michelangelo vs Raphael

The 2 best sculptors of male anatomy competing with each other for creating the ultimate Hulk!"

Going back to the subject....

I saw some photos of Harley 1/3 from Prime1 (digital life-less statue) next to 1/3 Akuma!!!! NO ----i... way is someone going to convince me that Harley from Prime1 is even the 1/10 of the MASTERPIECE Akuma 1/3 hand-sculpted with all the musculature, the veins, the attitude is. NO WAY!

My 0.10 cents, guys!
forps is offline   Reply With Quote