Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-27-2019, 05:28 PM   #1491
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker12 View Post
My hush Superman also felt a bit wet when I unboxed him, but there isn't any damage as far as I can tell. I can't explain it, everything was completely fine, even the packaging was in great shape... it was really strange.
I blame Aquaman.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:27 PM   #1492
Platty
Fantastic Four

Maybe there was no desiccant silica gel packets in the boxes? Isn’t that what they’re for? To keep things dry. You always get them in hot toys boxes.
Platty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:28 PM   #1493
Mac Collections
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Batman Hush has hit the Mac Palace!

Dope piece, one of the best Batman’s out imo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	39D9160D-3467-4454-AB79-3ADC980A40C7.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	122208   Click image for larger version

Name:	7CACB474-3408-4DD3-B3B0-2C07B12ED3D9.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	122209   Click image for larger version

Name:	A957A00A-A793-49E3-8D92-EABDE6F1D597.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	122210  
Mac Collections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:59 AM   #1494
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The more I see of it, the more I like it. Can’t wait to get him.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:37 AM   #1495
ukshaun
Hercules

I wonder if they will finally show Catwoman in 2019?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:31 AM   #1496
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I wonder if they will finally show Catwoman in 2019?
This question plagues me constantly.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:59 PM   #1497
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
This. Seems to be an issue with statues shipped in the past 3 months, including some PCS statues.
The body and cape were wet in mine, but I didn't notice any actual damage (well, not water damage). Although, having it be "wet" in a sealed environment probably isn't GREAT. I actually had a statue once that ended up with what seemed like mold growing on it. I bought it second-hand, so I have no idea what conditions were present before I got it to cause that. I had it displayed high and it was growing on the base, so I never noticed until I went to sell it.

I sure wouldn't let it dissuade anyone from buying this.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:04 PM   #1498
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Collections View Post
Dope piece, one of the best Batman’s out imo.
Saw your review Mac, thank you for the in depth look on this amazing piece! I really appreciated you letting everyone know about the felt sticker so that the cape doesn't rub up against the back of the statue.

This piece looks great and I can't wait to get mine home! CONGRATS on getting yours Brother!
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:02 PM   #1499
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
Saw your review Mac, thank you for the in depth look on this amazing piece! I really appreciated you letting everyone know about the felt sticker so that the cape doesn't rub up against the back of the statue.

This piece looks great and I can't wait to get mine home! CONGRATS on getting yours Brother!
First, it was hilarious to me how easily that foot when in for him. It was comical what I was going through by logically trying to just drop the peg into the hole.

Second.... felt pads???? That "they provided" to protect the body from cape damage? Uh... nice? I saw no such pads in mine, unless they are hidden somewhere in the styrofoam. There was no mention of them on the assembly instructions. In fact, the only thing they go out of their way to caution people about is not letting the cape touch the base. The base is the least of the obstacles for that cape. Going by their pictorial instructions, the cape is the LAST styrofoam tray to be used, too, which also makes it seem like it's clear to be set aside (which would damage the cape, as pictured).

Did they at some point realize the cape was causing damage and started including felt pads as a solution? I hope so, because that's acknowledgment of a problem, at least.

Whenever (if ever) I get another one of these, I'll be covering that body with more than those felt pads, too.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:24 PM   #1500
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
First, it was hilarious to me how easily that foot when in for him. It was comical what I was going through by logically trying to just drop the peg into the hole.

Second.... felt pads???? That "they provided" to protect the body from cape damage? Uh... nice? I saw no such pads in mine, unless they are hidden somewhere in the styrofoam. There was no mention of them on the assembly instructions. In fact, the only thing they go out of their way to caution people about is not letting the cape touch the base. The base is the least of the obstacles for that cape. Going by their pictorial instructions, the cape is the LAST styrofoam tray to be used, too, which also makes it seem like it's clear to be set aside (which would damage the cape, as pictured).

Did they at some point realize the cape was causing damage and started including felt pads as a solution? I hope so, because that's acknowledgment of a problem, at least.

Whenever (if ever) I get another one of these, I'll be covering that body with more than those felt pads, too.
To be perfectly honest Brandon, Mac was the first reviewer that actually showed the Felt Pads and I was actually surprised by it. In a way, I'm glad that mine hasn't arrived yet because I'm learning a lot from the YouTube Reviewers on just the assembly alone. Hopefully, the Felt Pads will be in my box but if not, I'll be running to Walmart to get some before I install that huge cape that's for sure! Lol
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote