Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-03-2022, 06:03 PM   #111
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I'd be surprised if this was the final iteration of The Wrecking Crew. If their powers don't get amplified down the road then I agree, it is a wasted opportunity.

Before Avengers: Endgame there was Thor: Ragnarok and the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. Now there's Love and Thunder and She-Hulk. I don't see the MCU as being any more lighthearted than before.
Very much hope so. The Wrecking Crew desperately needs to get amplified.

That is the worse Wrecking Crew I ever seen. Such an injustice to the comic version.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 07:17 PM   #112
azurepred
Zot

The last episode was a snoozer for me, and the cut scene was major cringe. If that is where this show is going, it will end up being the worst Marvel show for me yet.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 04:12 AM   #113
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

One step forward last week, now 2 steps back with this episode for me. Not quitting on it just yet, but 1 or 2 more episodes as cringe as this one and it's as good as dead.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 07:21 PM   #114
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I think the wrecking crew has always been pretty lame in the comics. I think this show gets the joke and treated them as such. I really love this show, it's so clever and above the standard I am used to be served.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 03:54 AM   #115
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Very much hope so. The Wrecking Crew desperately needs to get amplified.

That is the worse Wrecking Crew I ever seen. Such an injustice to the comic version.
Lol I didn't even realize it was the wrecking crew until I seen the ball and chain.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 09:01 AM   #116
adee
Green Arrow

I have to believe that anyone complaining about She Hulk being light hearted and comedic hasn’t read many of her comics.

I get not wanting Thor to have so much comedy but it really fits for this show and character.

Twerking and naked jump roping are in the same vein.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:56 AM   #117
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I agree. Lots of people in here showing that they've never read any of the She-Hulk comics. I think Disney has done a great job converting her to live-action.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:32 PM   #118
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I wouldn't be surprised, if the majorty including me have never read She-Hulk. I mean the comics even had a cover where She-Hulk complained about the low sales and treatened Marvel fans to destroy their X-Men comics, if they don't start to get She-Hulk comics.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 03:23 PM   #119
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I have to believe that anyone complaining about She Hulk being light hearted and comedic hasn?t read many of her comics.

I get not wanting Thor to have so much comedy but it really fits for this show and character.

Twerking and naked jump roping are in the same vein.
It's clear the writers never read a comic either. Making She Hulk better than Hulk in every way proves that.
The She Hulk I know from the comics always embraced her powers from day one. She looked like a supermodel with the strength of several powerlifters. Her life was pretty boring before that. The She Hulk in the show still acts like it's a curse and tries to hide her green side as much as possible. She doesn't want to be sexy.

Without going on a rant, this is a female activist show disguised as a comic show and made by female activists. And that's ok because it was marketed that way. There's no bait and switch here.
I think a lot of the haters just need content to create. My main complaint is the CGI.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 04:26 PM   #120
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

So very tired of people claiming some "feminist" agenda when a show/film has a female as the main character. I swear, if Alien and Terminator came out today, people would be crying about how there was some feminist agenda by casting Weaver and Hamilton instead of men.

Enjoy the show for what it is or don't watch it if you don't like it. I don't see a nefarious plan to dethrone the patriarchy by having She-Hulk twerk, and I don't think it would affect much even if there was one.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote