Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-12-2021, 10:26 AM   #441
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Unfortunately that isn't possible with this hobby.
Has been for me the past 3 years.
Just have to play the game a different way.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:22 PM   #442
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Has been for me the past 3 years.
Just have to play the game a different way.
You must not buy much then or no highly desirable pieces that sell out fast.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:08 AM   #443
Python
Omega Red

How many items actually sell out quickly these days? The Thanos on throne did, but I can't really think of any more? With all companies now waiting to assign an ES number until long into production, it probably would be good practice for us all to wait until at least that point to place an order.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:28 AM   #444
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
How many items actually sell out quickly these days? The Thanos on throne did, but I can't really think of any more? With all companies now waiting to assign an ES number until long into production, it probably would be good practice for us all to wait until at least that point to place an order.
Sure, on pieces like that there is not a huge rush, but you still risk it selling out before it ships. I guess it depends a lot on the company, I buy a lot of Weta pieces and they can sell out in an hour or two as they don't do that TBD crap. Cinemaquette also does preorders only for a lot of stuff, if you don't PO you don't get one unless there are cancellations. Queen Studios is another, by the time it ships they are long sold out and you can pay double.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:44 AM   #445
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Regal Robot Rancor as well, was gone after 5 days and I had to buy and pay a part upfront.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:50 AM   #446
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I guess its no different to any other company really, if you pay in full before delivery there is always the risk. I'll just pay deposits from now on since being burnt from Chronicle.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:09 AM   #447
FROBAY
Phoenix

What burns me is BBTS and other Vendors are taking pre-orders for final stock from Chronicle Collectibles. Chronicle needs to offer the final stock to people they owe money to, since they aren’t going to give our money back.

They owe me over 3K in stuff before they started Partially Pay.

Last edited by FROBAY; 01-13-2021 at 11:13 AM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:34 PM   #448
qz33
Doctor Doom

Yeah you can risk paying more but often less or near the same. You can also just learn to do without.

Or you can keep risking thousands, clinging to hope for sight unseen products that at best resemble what was advertised from these "companies" with little business accumen and scarce accountability. Everything a company does is enabeled by it's customers but hey if customers are willing to take the risks ownership isn't well...

Amazing how similar this thread sounds to the PCS collapse.
And Paul and Jerry used to be friends (well at least according to Jerry)
Birds of a Feather...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:36 PM   #449
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah you can risk paying more but often less or near the same. You can also just learn to do without.

Or you can keep risking thousands, clinging to hope for sight unseen products that at best resemble what was advertised from these "companies" with little business accumen and scarce accountability. Everything a company does is enabeled by it's customers but hey if customers are willing to take the risks ownership isn't well...

Amazing how similar this thread sounds to the PCS collapse.
And Paul and Jerry used to be friends (well at least according to Jerry)
Birds of a Feather...
It isn't going to change no matter how many times people post this same unrealistic preorder abstinence advice in every thread. You say not to take the gamble, but it's a gamble either way.

Oh, and for the record it wasn't Paul's fault, he had his issues, but it was Clay that ran them into the ground.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:39 PM   #450
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
What burns me is BBTS and other Vendors are taking pre-orders for final stock from Chronicle Collectibles. Chronicle needs to offer the final stock to people they owe money to, since they aren’t going to give our money back.

They owe me over 3K in stuff before they started Partially Pay.
Yes, they should have, or at the least use the money they got for the stock to pay people back, which as I said before hopefully that is what they are going to do eventually.