Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-22-2005, 10:48 AM   #11
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir
The likeness is off. I don't care who makes a collectible. If it's a product I might otherwise be interested in and the likeness is off, I'm going to say so. I recently made a comment about the new Leia bust because it seems to me the likeness of the prototype was better than that of the final product.

I will move on...right after I point out that the likeness is off. You get way too defensive when someone criticizes a piece. I don't need to see a collectible in person to notice a problem when I'm looking at huge pics. Even if I saw the statue in person, you'd still blow me off and say I have an agenda. My guess is that you believe I'm just jealous because I can't afford this piece. You'd be wrong. I can't afford the piece at the moment (that part is true), but I wouldn't buy it even if I could afford to because I believe the likeness is off. It's as simple as that.

Learn how to deal with someone who has a difference of opinion.
Every single collector I know knows that there's nothing like first hand experience to better judge a piece. Many pieces I saw that looked much better personally than in the pictures. And yes, you are trolling on this threads. You jump everytime to bash it. You did this when C1eaN first posted about the Terminator. Seems to me that the fact that people likes it, bothers you to death. You defenetly have a problem. And nope, I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinions, I have a problem with people like you that does this just for the "pleasure" of bashing and to bother people. I think GG makes a lot of crap stuff, but I don't go there and bash GG things everytime something about it appears. And hey, I never told you were jealous cause you couldn't afford it, so don't put words in my mouth, dude. That's probably what YOU think.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:53 AM   #12
Gir
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooktroop
i agree with you Mcfarlane's details and likeness are much better. i love how his is all dirty/weathered where attakus is like a clean spotless version
I didn't say the details are better...just the likeness.

I think this is a close-up of the Mcfarlane one...

Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:54 AM   #13
leks
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I have to agree with cap fail to see what the point is in repeating that you hate it to a couple of collectors that are happy with it.
leks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:04 AM   #14
Gir
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
And hey, I never told you were jealous cause you couldn't afford it, so don't put words in my mouth, dude.
I'm not. I said, "My guess is that you believe I'm just jealous because I can't afford this piece." The key phrase is "my guess."

If you can voice your opinion in each thread about this piece, I can voice mine. I've only made a comment in two threads about this piece. If people like you wouldn't get all defensive, I wouldn't say another word after making a single post, which I am entitled to do.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:05 AM   #15
Gir
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leks
I have to agree with cap fail to see what the point is in repeating that you hate it to a couple of collectors that are happy with it.
But there's a point in repeating that you like it? That makes no sense. If you can voice your opinion in each thread about this piece, then I can voice mine.

And I never said that I hate this piece. I said the likeness is off...that's it.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #16
cap70

Quote:
Exactly, Leks. But thank God for the ignore list on this site. Never tought I would use it, but there's always the first time. And it works very nice.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:21 AM   #17
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
no one hates it, at least i dont. this is just the first time ive seen it photographed next to the Mcfarlane vinyl figure. who cares if i or anyone else thinks the Mcfarlane face is a better likeness. its supposed to be a friendly discussion. some people just have anger issues it seems
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:22 AM   #18
Gir
Death is hereditary.

Wow...talk about overreacting. Last time I made a comment, someone told me that I can't see and need contacts. And now this. Sad.

This is the first time I've said this to someone on this forum, cap70...grow up.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:35 AM   #19
Darth Bob
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Thanks, cap! This is for sure the most eye-catching Terminator piece I got so far and I got him for just 200 Euro AND also got a pretty low number. Mine's # 87 and, so far, my lowest number for a limited statue was 230 for the Attakus Maul. So, I think I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

I watched T3 yesterday to find out which scene the Attakus Arnold is from.

I found out that he isn't movie accurate because in the scene where the 2 Terminators meet for the first time, Arnold has a pumpgun and not that automatic gun the Attakus piece is holding.....and later in the movie when he's got that Uzi, he's already pretty damaged but the Attakus statue shows no battle damage at all. Now don't get me wrong: I don't care whether he's movie accurate or not, I just wanted to mention this.

Now concerning the likeness of the Attakus statue and the McFarlane figure, I have to say that the Attakus one indeed looks better than the McFarlane figure when you have them both in front of you. Especially from the left, the McFarlane one looks nothing like Arnold and overall, his face is a bit too smooth (I don't know how to say that in another way) for my taste. The Attakus face also isn't 100% perfect but imo better than the McFarlane one.

But I also think you guys shouldn't debate that much about whether a statue's likeness is ON or OFF because everybody has a different opinion on the resemblance of faces in general. You surely know this situation when you tell a friend of yours that a specific person on the street looks exactly like a celebrity and your friend thinks that you're nuts cause he doesn't see any resemblance at all.

Btw, did any of you guys, who have the Attakus statue, notice that there will be a battle damaged T-850 from Attakus in a couple of months? It says "Coming soon..." and there are two pics of a severly damaged Arnold on the box. He looks like the 7inch McFarlane figure from the T3-boxset and this is really great news to me since I'm a big fan of those "heavy battle damage" Terminators......strangely, I didn't hear anything about Attakus making another Terminator statue until I received my Arnold and took a look at the box. I must have missed this piece of information on the internet.....
Darth Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:53 AM   #20
cap70

Darth Bob, I can't wait for the Battle Damaged version! That was the first thing I noticed when I got the box, didn't even notice the bigger picture of the regular Arnie.

By the way, lots of cool stuff you in have in there. I see Maul, Vader 2, and the Emperor besides Vader2, am I right?
Can see the shadow of his chair.