Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-26-2017, 06:59 AM   #1121
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
K.A. Kim is a master indeed, but it was actually Arnie Kim who sculpted Hot Toys' 1:6 Reeve Superman.
Thanks for the updated info!
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:04 AM   #1122
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
They do share a name, too.

Curious, Are they married or it's a coincidence they have the same last name?
Old 12-26-2017, 07:55 AM   #1123
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by bforce View Post
Well after a bit more addition etc. I'm not sure how Popcultcha can offer it for $1699.99AUD, so for anyone in Australia jump on it if you can (especially if you have Pennies to discount it further). Maybe they locked it in when the AUD was high, maybe they got a great shipping deal. I went back and looked at see if I ordered an exclusive version or something - but no just one of the 150 on offer.

Just based on current exchange rates (which may change again when it hits Australian customs) - with all import taxes, fees etc, it will amount to roughly shy of $2K.

Deposit, Balance and Shipping - I can get around $1699.99AUD, but then you need to add import fees, GST and processing.

Oh well, just another reason after almost 20years of collecting I've decided to get out of it - this being the last piece I have on Pre-Order.
I feel your pain fellow collector!

I feel sorry for any collector when they have to import a statue whether it's the U.S. buying from XM is expensive or the U.K. and Austrailia as well as other countries ordering from Sideshow and PCS.

I feel the U.K. and Australia might have it the worse when it comes to shipping prices as I always see from members that it cost almost as much as an old premium format just to ship it to them. It's crazy that countries are greedy by charging an import fee as well as taxing it.

Always hidden fees by law makers and governments, but when the public is deceitful it is looked down upon. I never understood how all products end up being taxed multiple times if you think about it and then taxed again when you import it... Taxes are Evil and a scam In how the structure is to tax products multiple times which is another topic in iteslf.

When shipping prices are very high these crappy monopoly shipping companies should have better policies to deliver better without any damage to the box...

It's crazy, how shipping companies keep raising their shipping prices, but their customer service on handling packages with care never improves. Where's Amazon with delivery Droids already that can hold the weight to my Darkness and Fly it here personally for a fraction of the cost the large shipping companies charge. OIL hurts everyone and there are technologies that exist to run vehicles even on CO2 so, excuses of inflation are old excuses to justify to us the customers why they keep raising the prices. It is truly a LEGAL scam.

From my experience, FedEx is the best in my area when it comes to handling with care even though I think they cost the most and once again they are raising their pricing. Most things like shipping have rising cost because we as a society allowed for polluted Oil to dominate our World and now to gear away into clean and renewable energy is an almost impossible task since now all the greedy powerful people have their feet in the money making OIL pool.

Imagine if the shipping companies operated all their vehicles, harnessing FREE ENERGY like the sun to power all their equipment and prices to ship would be much less when their is no need to purchase gas for their Trucks and Freight Planes.

I hope all people invested in OIL and the shipping companies can join DARKNESS in HELL.... lol

My shipping is $70 to Florida and I am thankful it is not as high as international, but still slightly high and I was hoping it would be closer to the $50 mark like members having theirs go to NY & Chicago.

This Darkness release after a super long wait is not cool to finally be released right after the holiday when most people are broke from holiday gift shopping and now expected to pay for a statue I ordered 3.5 years ago. Even though the very long wait I feel it would have been better to time this or hold it to ship in February so collectors that have a few orders are not worried how to pay all there shipping all at once right after a huge holiday.

The timing on Darkness has me stressed, but I had to strategically budget to get this and I'm glad he will ship soon.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:59 PM   #1124
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
I feel your pain fellow collector!

This Darkness release after a super long wait is not cool to finally be released right after the holiday when most people are broke from holiday gift shopping and now expected to pay for a statue I ordered 3.5 years ago. Even though the very long wait I feel it would have been better to time this or hold it to ship in February so collectors that have a few orders are not worried how to pay all there shipping all at once right after a huge holiday.

The timing on Darkness has me stressed, but I had to strategically budget to get this and I'm glad he will ship soon.
I'm still waiting on my shipping invoice for this, but does anyone know if this piece also has that raffle where you can win shipping directly from China, where you supposedly receive it a month before everyone else? I noticed that tidbit in my shipping emails for Battlecat and Conan.

Sort of confusing if that is the case as it would mean that this won't be shipped for everyone else until February at the earliest (at least for those of us in the USA). I mean it generally takes around a month give or take for an item to ship from China to the US, so I don't really see how the winner of the raffle could get their item one month before everyone else unless they aren't shipping them for everyone else until some time in February (which would mean a possible March delivery). Maybe I'm just misunderstanding it though.
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #1125
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Curious, Are they married or it's a coincidence they have the same last name?
Just a common name over there. Think of it as the Korean Smith. ;-)
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:14 AM   #1126
JD18_92
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

think they would just let me pay my shipping rate then charge me the rest when he comes in? After waiting 3 years, i don't see why this could be an issue. Christmas hammered me lol
JD18_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #1127
Darth Milo
Hydra

Shipping Darkness to The Netherlands is 188USD.
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:47 PM   #1128
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
Shipping Darkness to The Netherlands is 188USD.
Wow that's $40 less than the UK.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #1129
SDguy

$105 to California. So it that a combination of from China, to their warehouse, and then to me?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:55 PM   #1130
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Wow that's $40 less than the UK.
And 10$ more to Canada which I'm right above them.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote