Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-08-2018, 04:01 PM   #1
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Thank you!

To all members of Statue Forum,

It has been my absolute pleasure being Kotobukiya’s company representative since 2008 but the time has come for me to move on. As of tomorrow I will no longer be providing company updates but you will still see me on the forum from time to time.

This was a wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a part of such a prestigious company. As a lifelong fan of comic books and sci-fi it was a dream come true to promote these products and eventually oversee the development of the Marvel Fine Art statue line. I’m not certain in what way this line will continue but I can say both Storm and Weapon X are on schedule and I’m extremely proud of the work I did with sculptor Erick Sosa. It goes without saying Erick was the true visionary for this line and I sincerely hope his collaboration with Kotobukiya will continue.

A lesser-known fact is that I also oversaw the Star-Lord ARTFX, Black Panther ARTFX, Spider-Man Homecoming ARTFX and the entire Infinity War line, which will hopefully be unveiled this July during SDCC. I’d like to offer a special thanks to Jason Wires for all his insight and industry experience while working on some of these projects.

But none of this would exist if not for the fans like you. So thank you to the members of Statue Forum for your continued support and constructive critiques. While we weren’t able to move forward with every request you gave us we truly appreciate the fact you took the time to notice our products and give an opinion about them.

Dan
Old 06-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #2
Augen
Metal Men

Thank you for being here, hoping to see Kotobukiya well into the future delivering excellent ArtFX and Bishoujo pieces.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #3
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Excellent work Dan, thank you so much for your insight & for overseeing many of these great collectibles. All the best in your future career!
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
elvirawynter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It is a shame to hear that you are leaving Dan, and I wish you all the best for the future!

Thank you for the help you have provided us on Statueforum and for answering our questions.

Also thank you for the assistance you have provided outwith these forums - you will be missed
elvirawynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:03 PM   #5
dechirico7
The Flash

That is sad to hear. I think a lot of us appreciated your involvement and updates. Hoping for the best. Thanks Dan.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #6
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Shame to see you go...appreciate the updates and you fielding questions. As well as your work on the lines. Best of luck with whatever you do next.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:24 PM   #7
zteinr
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Thank you, for your excellent support of these forums. It made it a whole lot more interesting. Good luck with your future.
zteinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:40 PM   #8
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Dan? your moving on, which always means to me, that you're moving forward, and that's a good thing, but at the same token, sad that we will not see your post on a regular basis. But hey, everyone moves on... GOOD LUCK!! and we love Koto pieces. Impeccable work they do, especially their paint app
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #9
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
To all members of Statue Forum,

It has been my absolute pleasure being Kotobukiya’s company representative since 2008 but the time has come for me to move on. As of tomorrow I will no longer be providing company updates but you will still see me on the forum from time to time.

This was a wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a part of such a prestigious company. As a lifelong fan of comic books and sci-fi it was a dream come true to promote these products and eventually oversee the development of the Marvel Fine Art statue line. I’m not certain in what way this line will continue but I can say both Storm and Weapon X are on schedule and I’m extremely proud of the work I did with sculptor Erick Sosa. It goes without saying Erick was the true visionary for this line and I sincerely hope his collaboration with Kotobukiya will continue.

A lesser-known fact is that I also oversaw the Star-Lord ARTFX, Black Panther ARTFX, Spider-Man Homecoming ARTFX and the entire Infinity War line, which will hopefully be unveiled this July during SDCC. I’d like to offer a special thanks to Jason Wires for all his insight and industry experience while working on some of these projects.

But none of this would exist if not for the fans like you. So thank you to the members of Statue Forum for your continued support and constructive critiques. While we weren’t able to move forward with every request you gave us we truly appreciate the fact you took the time to notice our products and give an opinion about them.

Dan
Well, this is extremely unfortunate. Thank you for fielding our questions. I know most of the Fine art line fans can be pressing. You cant leave us an underlying or intern? Haha. Good luck Dan.

1 final question.....do you know the tentative release dates for Storm and Weapon X?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:14 PM   #10
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Well, this is extremely unfortunate. Thank you for fielding our questions. I know most of the Fine art line fans can be pressing. You cant leave us an underlying or intern? Haha. Good luck Dan.

1 final question.....do you know the tentative release dates for Storm and Weapon X?
Seeing how Storm and Weapon X have not begun their pre-orders yet I would say these items won't hit retail until the first half of 2019.