Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-19-2018, 08:43 PM   #1
XSE
Nightwing

X-Men: Extermination (Spoilers)

So this mini looks to be returning the original 5 back to their original time. I’m glad to see them going back. Some of the stories were ok, but it got tired a long time ago because there really couldn’t be any lasting change from their visit to the future.

I just wish all these events didn’t have to involve so many character deaths that have no real impact. I mean Bloodstorm isn’t getting her own book anytime soon but I remember the Mutant X title from back in the day and it was actually a pretty good read from what I remember, so just have Ahab zap her back to her universe or something. Not sure how I feel about “teen” Cable murdering his older self; that’s a straight rip off from Looper but we will see.

I really just want them to bring adult Cyke back, and Xavier (and not the current Phantomex mess) and give me some classic X-Men in a book called Uncanny. I don’t need this disassembled mess. The real X-Men have been disassembled for some time.
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:17 AM   #2
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

X-Men Blue was an okay title, but the novelty was gone pretty quickly. You know it's not gonna last so send them back already.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:50 PM   #3
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Yeah, It's "time" to set things right. BTW, for the sake of accuracy, I think it's "X-Men: Extermination".
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:49 PM   #4
XSE
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Yeah, It's "time" to se things right. BTW, for the sake of accuracy, I think it's "X-Men: Extermination".
Ha! Fixed. Thanks! Probably shows subconsciously how much I care, since I couldn’t even get the name right.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #5
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

My only hope out of this is somehow older Cyclops will be alive and not a douchebag. Since the younger version knows how he dies i'm sure he can prevent it.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:55 PM   #6
XSE
Nightwing

SPOILERS for issue 2

So a little progress this issue but still no clear reason for what’s going on with Ahab. I was surprised by the kidnapping of Calvin Rankin aka the Mimic at the beginning. I assume this is so young Cable can grow normal wings to give Angel after removing the wings he received after the Black Vortex storyline. Cable’s motivations while still not 100% clear make sense, but I don’t get how Ahab fits in at all. They’re really making it look like they’re going to kill young Cyclops before they send them back, which is not helping to fix anything. I think the best result from this story puts the O5 back where they came from and brings back adult Cyke, who is no longer a douchebag.