Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

Thumbs up Dirty Dancing, Batman/Catwoman-style!

Recent commission from the mega-talented Dave Acosta, based on the famous publicity image for the 1987 film Dirty Dancing. And since Superman and Wonder Woman have Grease locked up, I thought this movie would be well-suited to DC's First Couple:

Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey, eat your hearts out.
greenjeans1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Magneto
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

This is great! Congrats!
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

It just dawned on me that this is the fourth Batman/Catwoman go-round for me this year. First it was Brianna Garcia, then Katie Cook, then Tom Grummett, and now this. And all four times it's been home runs. Every one of them brought their A-games and didn't hit a false note. I guess that's a testament to the power of this pairing. It's pretty much impossible to do them wrong unless you're just completely incompetent.

That, and it's always more fun to see the romantic, lighter side of Batman then to have him scowling and grumping all the time.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Awesome! Looks like they're having the "Time of thier Lives" to me! Congrats on another great piece!
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans1978 View Post
It just dawned on me that this is the fourth Batman/Catwoman go-round for me this year. First it was Brianna Garcia, then Katie Cook, then Tom Grummett, and now this. And all four times it's been home runs. Every one of them brought their A-games and didn't hit a false note. I guess that's a testament to the power of this pairing. It's pretty much impossible to do them wrong unless you're just completely incompetent.

That, and it's always more fun to see the romantic, lighter side of Batman then to have him scowling and grumping all the time.
Where can we see those?
Old 10-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #6
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Where can we see those?
Look no further:
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=129414

Quote:
Awesome! Looks like they're having the "Time of their Lives" to me!
Funny you mention that. This would make the second time a Jennifer Warnes song got associated with Batman and Catwoman (the Tom Grummett commission I got this spring was inspired by Warnes' "Right Time of the Night"). I swear to you guys this was not intentional on my part. It's just one of those things that happened.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans1978 View Post
Look no further:
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=129414

Funny you mention that. This would make the second time a Jennifer Warnes song got associated with Batman and Catwoman (the Tom Grummett commission I got this spring was inspired by Warnes' "Right Time of the Night"). I swear to you guys this was not intentional on my part. It's just one of those things that happened.
Very cool. I love the Tom Grummett piece. Here's one I have.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

I can only imagine what the original line art of the Loeb/Lee kiss shot would cost. That thing would probably be an arm and both legs. But a color print is easily the next best thing, and it looks great framed.

Speaking for myself, it's pretty rare that I get a drawing of Batman by himself. To be honest, it feels really incomplete when he's solo, and I almost instantly think "Needs more Catwoman." For me, the two are inseparable, and it's reflected in my art collection. I can't have one without the other, and I think it's better that way.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

UPDATE:

I picked up the commission from Mr. Acosta at an art show hosted today at a comic shop in Garden City. Not only was he kind enough to include a free Catwoman print along with the commission, but he and I agreed that the commission would make a great digital color art print. So in the event that you guys might want a copy of this art for yourselves, be on the lookout for a full-color version for sale either at conventions or thru Mr. Acosta's website.

Also, be on the lookout for a Zardoz commission he's got in the make. (Not mine, just so you know.) That'll be interesting to see.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #10
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

nice pieces!
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote