Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Entertainmentearth.com

Has anyone ordered from them before. How are they? Good customer service?
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:27 PM   #2
MrYac
Hercules

I just did a small order and they were helpful, had to use their onsite chat because I wasn't getting emails about account activation but they got things sorted quickly
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:26 AM   #3
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Sadly, I've only looked at their site in passing because it is such an annoyance how they have it laid out and not showing preview images next to links like most every other figure/statue site.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:46 AM   #4
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I just did a small order and they were helpful, had to use their onsite chat because I wasn't getting emails about account activation but they got things sorted quickly
Thanks Yac. Prob gonna get something now. I think I saw the Baraka PF on there and its VERY tempting.... (either there or BBTS)

If anyone else has had any problems with them please let me know!
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
Naru
Mephisto

I've purchased statues and figures from them before. They're good. No issues.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #6
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
I've purchased statues and figures from them before. They're good. No issues.
I agree. very reputable.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:18 PM   #7
Vitus
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Only problem I have with them is you have to call to cancel a preorder. No option for cancelling on the site.
Vitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:16 PM   #8
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

ordered from them before great prices.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:22 PM   #9
Sylara
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing my story:

I recently decided to try pre-ordering my DC Direct statues through them.... but I am going to cancel my large order =/

I was looking forward to the Mera Bombshell coming out. I saw on official DC Facebook on May 13th that they announced that she was officially out and available at stores, which I then confirmed that she was out after seeing her at a couple comic book stores (4 different places) when I was out this past weekend. I was kinda sad, I could have just picked her up this weekend... but I figured I would just wait for my pre-order and check with EE.

On Monday I got onto the website and used the chat feature, asking nicely "Hiya, just checking on how the shipping is going for Mera." and the rep just kept repeating "It's coming out in May".
...Thanks... I see that on your website...

It bothered me maybe more than it should have, so I called them on the phone. I ended up getting a supervisor, and after lots of conversation it ended up that he said "The manufacturers don't give them release dates." and that "while normally we ship things quickly, yes it can be normal for us to ship them later than other retailers."

I was annoyed, I hate feeling like I know more about a product than someone I am buying it from. If I know the release date, and if DC stated the release date themselves to the public, why doesn't a large vendor know it? Just being honest with me would have gone a long way in keeping my business.
Also, to be honest, I was still annoyed at the online chat for making it seem like I couldn't read the website myself.

Anyway, fast forward to yesterday when I go onto the website and see that now they updated Mera to not coming out until June.
Another item I ordered has changed from March 2015 to April 2015 to May 2015 and now to March 2016...

So anyway, after all that I'm pretty much done. Either I'm going to find a different website to pre-order from or I'm just going to do the old "walk into a store and purchase it".

I'm sure others have had great experiences, but when I have 13+ items pre-ordered, having the first one be negative doesn't give me good feelings for my future items.
Sylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #10
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

you do realize that different reps don't always get their items shipped in at the exact date that companies (DC, Marvel, etc.) specify?
I've been waiting on a pre-order from my e-LCS for some Funko figures that I've actively seen everywhere else for weeks now. Turns out, they just got them in a few days ago and shipped my order out yesterday.

Things get delayed that are usually out of their (the businesses) control. If you're patient, things will always get to you eventually. In this hobby, if you aren't able to handle a multitude of delays (for whatever reason), then it probably isn't a hobby for you

...just saying
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote