Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-24-2016, 01:26 AM   #1
Gothamite
Phoenix

Bombshells QC

I'm fairly new to statues as I began buying them only in July of this year. Although I started with the Wave 3/Artgerm Cover Girls, I branched to other lines as my interests expanded. Since I like DC, naturally, I wanted to add some of the Bombshells to my collection.

Unfortunately, I've been really shocked by some of the Bombshells that I've received. When I dig through old threads, I see that other people have run into QC problems with Bombshells statues, too.

Right now, I only have two Bombshells in my collection, Halloween Batgirl and the sparkling paint version of Killer Frost. They're not perfect but were at least manufactured with care. However, they're also very recent statues (both were released this year).

This makes me wonder if previous Bombshells were all made at a site that cut corners, and DC didn't switch to another factory until this year.

Earlier today, I received a Holiday Harley Quinn that has to be seen to be believed, lol.

Thoughts?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:55 AM   #2
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Agreed. I've had QC issues for the bombshells too. I've been collecting them for a couple years and while they have gotten better there are certain ones that seem to have more reports of qc problems like Batwoman and the Holiday Harley Quinn. Some others that I've had personal issues with are: Joker/Harley 1st ed., Batwoman, Holiday Harley Quinn, Stargirl, Catwoman. Most I have been able to repair or touch up with paint.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #3
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Out of the handful that we own the Holiday Harley Quinn was by far the worst in regards to QC. Its "quick cash grab" origin is likely to blame.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #4
Gothamite
Phoenix

That's too bad, really, as the Holiday version is affordable while the brown jacket version is insanely priced at this point.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:14 PM   #5
Gothamite
Phoenix

Finally received one with a ballcap bill that was glued properly, a (mostly) straight baseball bat, and pegs that actually fit in the base, lol.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:05 PM   #6
junta
Fantastic Four

I have 4 bombshell statues and I'm happy with all of them. However, I was in the market for the Holiday Harley, but they all had obvious QC issues that could not be ignored.
junta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:45 PM   #7
Gothamite
Phoenix

Be on the lookout for QC issues with Vixen. I've seen air pockets on other statues, but this is horrendous.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #8
demonhunter
Kingpin

There had been a lot of QC problems with DC Collectibles. Not just the bombshell series.

Even my friend's Artgerm designed Harley Quinn from DC Collectibles looked absolutely horrible. He has engaged a statue painter to repaint it.

The Harley Quinn had so much paint bleeds all over the place, wobbly lines, unpainted areas. Honestly, it was just awful. It looked like it was painted by children at a plaster handicraft hobby shop.

It wasn't like this before. Previously, my DC Collectibles like the Suicide Squad Margot Robbie Harley Quinn 1/6 statue looked good, and well painted.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:14 PM   #9
Gothamite
Phoenix

True, QC issues can appear in any statue line, but I was shocked by how frequently Bombshells seem to have problems given their high profile. (Fortunately, I'm building my collection around the Cover Girls rather than the Bombshells.)
Old 06-03-2018, 08:41 PM   #10
junta
Fantastic Four

I have a number of bombshells statues and I dont have any complaints. However, I did notice that the "special/holiday" editions tend to have the quality issues.
junta is offline   Reply With Quote