Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-25-2019, 02:16 AM   #71
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linheli View Post
In my opinion only Darth Maul is the most creative while the rest are pretty boring (Luke, Boba, Vader set).
Of course this is just my opinion but as someone that at some point has either seen (in person) or owned every 1:4 scale version of Luke Skywalker out there I can say without hesitation XM’s version is hands down the best interpretation of the character to date. Might not be as exciting or dynamic as what they did with Maul but it’s a hell of a statue. Very underrated.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:31 AM   #72
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
In my opinion only Darth Maul is the most creative while the rest are pretty boring (Luke, Boba, Vader set).
I do have every single Boba Fett statue and figures and the XM one is my favorite with Mythos one.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:34 AM   #73
Outer_Rim
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
My opinion on the matter as a Maul owner:

XM´s Maul is not only the best Maul ever made, but also the best Star Wars statue on the market.

I find most of the Boba statues out there to be very static. Just him staying put holding his blaster rifle while XM´s one is totally dynamic. I know some collectors think the smoke effect makes the statue look a bit cartoonish or even find it distracting, but I personally think it gives the statue a lot of character.

In a market flooded with Darth Vader statues, I must give kudos to XM for trying something as bold and different as an Anakin/Vader evolution set. Yes, the set is far from perfect, but I really love the idea behind it.

I see how some may think XM´s Luke is boring compared to Maul, but paintjob and sculpting seem to be second to none and it comes with incredible details and a great base. It is probably the best Luke statue to date.
Outer_Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #74
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Rim View Post

I find most of the Boba statues out there to be very static. Just him staying put holding his blaster rifle while XM´s one is totally dynamic. I know some collectors think the smoke effect makes the statue look a bit cartoonish or even find it distracting, but I personally think it gives the statue a lot of character.
I completely agree with what you said for Boba and I even bought 2 to display with the different blasters and flam thrower at 2 different places.

This statue is my favorite and in person absolutely not cartoonish but very dynamic and nobody did what XM studios made for Boba.

And I can say that because I have every Boba/Jango bust, statues, figures, life size and this is the one I like the most.

That is why I posted this thread because I would (have) love(d) XM studios makes a Jango as good as Boba is.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:26 AM   #75
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Rim View Post

XM´s Maul is not only the best Maul ever made, but also the best Star Wars statue on the market.

I agree with you, but apparently the Grievous prototype we will probably never see, should have dethroned Maul as the most impressive and incredible SW statue ever made
Old 08-02-2022, 05:12 AM   #76
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

That is sad we will never ever get jango.
They made a so awesome boba, I wish to have jango to make the pair.