Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-10-2020, 10:02 AM   #11
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The one thing I don't really like is the Doc Oc looking tentacles on the base. Other than that, it's awesome. Surely they will do a portrait with the head covering.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:09 AM   #12
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The one thing I don't really like is the Doc Oc looking tentacles on the base. Other than that, it's awesome. Surely they will do a portrait with the head covering.
That tentacle is an odd choice.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:13 AM   #13
iceprince_x
Deadman

Tentacle... Psylocke also has hers... so are these two pieces connected?
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:18 AM   #14
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah that's definitely a little odd, I assume it'll fit in with the theme they are going for once we see it but I could do without that as well.

Otherwise I think this is a home run.

Definitely expecting a covered head switch out and of course his standard colors. Really looking forward to this, rogue, beast and others coming soon!
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:44 AM   #15
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Yeah that's definitely a little odd, I assume it'll fit in with the theme they are going for once we see it but I could do without that as well.

Otherwise I think this is a home run.

Definitely expecting a covered head switch out and of course his standard colors. Really looking forward to this, rogue, beast and others coming soon!
I suppose they could be Sentinel tentacles similar to how the SS Gambit has a bit of tentacle on his base.

I really want Nightcrawler!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:01 AM   #16
SONICobra
Batman

this looks very promising so far
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:20 AM   #17
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm definitely IN for this. Day 1 PO!
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:46 AM   #18
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Oooohhh...

but also, this is a render, not the actual statue. Lord knows when this will actually hit.

It might be a while...
I don't disagree BUT XM has tried to do a better job recently of getting their product in the production cycle more quickly (especially on high profile items like Thanos/Death and Batman Shogu/Joker). So maybe this will be here sooner than we think...
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:23 PM   #19
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Am I the only one that finds this pose awkward ? I’m trying to visualize this with other Xmen it’s a ground level piece looking straight up ? I own the Vulture and that statue really captured the flight aspect to me. This one doesn’t give me that vibe at all .
To me it looks like he’s at the beginning of taking flight. If displayed with other X-Men just imagine they’re aiming for the Sentinel’s legs while Archangel is going for the chest or head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Only problem is the tentacle on Psylocke’s base looks completely different from this tentacle.

I think both tentacles are pointless and need to be removed. But the one here at least looks better.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:30 PM   #20
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
Iove random announcements that dont involve week long events with months of build up. That said... I hope there is an angel wing switch out. Day 1 PO.
Doubt it will have angel wings, that would be an angel statue itself, this is archangel. Unless they plan to recycle the pose and offer version A Angel, and version B Archangel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Am I the only one that finds this pose awkward ? I’m trying to visualize this with other Xmen it’s a ground level piece looking straight up ? I own the Vulture and that statue really captured the flight aspect to me. This one doesn’t give me that vibe at all .
I kinda thought the same thing, it looks a little awkward and maybe it's just the angle of the render. I want to see the proto with the hooded portrait to make a decision. I wish he was more posed to throwing his metal feathers. So when they do apocalypse it can look like he's throwing them at him.

My guess we will see Archangel, beast, rogue, Psylocke at there January event they talked about having. No date released yet, guess maybe in late December it will be announced.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote