Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-21-2022, 12:31 AM   #21
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
No guess to it, the back could not be anything but a decal

It's funny people here think this is somehow a marketing failure or price gouging. Collectors need to learn more about how these things work.
These are just passion pieces for fans of the artist, like Dean Yeagles Mandy statue by Anders Ehrenborg. 3D printers and instant global communication just makes this stuff more accessible now.

Just keep these things in mind everytime an established company says a character or line continuation isn't possible...
It equates to the same outcome.

A passion piece, as you call it, is all well and good, if an enthusiast build this in their hobby room, as a one off piece that sits in their personal collection.

As soon as you offer it for public consumption the factors of business, margins, market research and price setting all come into play. In which case, this is a failure....in my opinion.

Will someone buy it? Why not? - I'm just describing why I wouldn't buy it, and possibly why others might want to seriously consider avoiding it.....but if people do buy it, that's up to them.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:15 AM   #22
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Something about the base looks cheap.

Over all, the price seems high. Sideshow could probably knock these out for about $550 - $600
It is not cast polystone/resin. But looks like a fabricated plastic box, to house the lighting. Without electric cord unfortunately.
Don't have anything manga/anime or toylike like this. But can't help it, I like the double ponytail a lot.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 05:04 AM   #23
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Man this is a great looking statue but the price is insanely overpriced. I really want it though…
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 05:22 AM   #24
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Man this is a great looking statue but the price is insanely overpriced. I really want it though?
If you can afford it, and you like it.....then what else is left to consider. It's overpriced for me, because I can't afford it, and therefore I need to consider it in relation to "other" things that money could buy.

In the world of collecting and "Art" - there's really no such thing as "overpriced" - (and yes, I'm probably one if the worst offenders for misusing the term, see my explanation above) - because there's no real standard benchmark you can put on these things.

So if you like it, just buy it - and congratulations, it's a subjectively nice piece, to hell with everyone else's opinion, it's your collection, enjoy it.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 06:27 AM   #25
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
It is not cast polystone/resin. But looks like a fabricated plastic box, to house the lighting. Without electric cord unfortunately.
Don't have anything manga/anime or toylike like this. But can't help it, I like the double ponytail a lot.
That is what i had figured. It looks like various frosted plastic shapes glued together. I guess this is something in side to both house batteries and take the weight of the statue. The top circular plastic shape appears to feature a no so smooth edge. I'd assume production pieces will fix the edge finish (or maybe not?)
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 08:40 AM   #26
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Like... PO'd
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 06:05 AM   #27
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I just P’od through Spec. There so much to like about this statue even though it’s a little pricey but it’s so limited with an es of only 100 (Spec says 60 though). Comes with a mini metal print also. I’m also a huge fan of Tyndalls work. Wish the White Widow was a little cheaper though. If it’s still around, I’ll PO her next month.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:18 PM   #28
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This or Aphrodite IX?
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 12:33 AM   #29
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Decided to get this first due to the smaller edition, then get Aphrodite next month.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 06:03 PM   #30
HERMAN59000
Frackin!

Very beautiful model, I love it but the finish is not up to the price.
Just look at the leg which is in 2 parts, it's really not pretty to look at.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leg1.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	152354   Click image for larger version

Name:	leg2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	152355  
HERMAN59000 is offline   Reply With Quote