Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-27-2022, 04:26 PM   #71
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

By Late Summer 2023, you will receive your U.S.S. Enterprise!
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:32 PM   #72
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
As long as they keep making new ones I don't mind whatever the wait.
I hope that by the time that they get around to the D and other more recent ships, that they get the damn international license
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 05:54 PM   #73
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I hope that by the time that they get around to the D and other more recent ships, that they get the damn international license
Would that even matter now with the battery issue you guys have?
Old 07-27-2022, 09:13 PM   #74
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Would that even matter now with the battery issue you guys have?
With all the lights wouldn’t this use an adapter?

And anyway by the time the next Enterprise is shown it would be an easy enough to solve. From what I understand all they need is some sort of safety clip in all the battery compartments and that’s it really (on top of the screw that they already should have). I have many collectables and most utilised screws, except Prime 1 which didn’t even have a cover, let a alone a screw. As well as all the other written notifications they want.

And anyway they should stop including batteries in the boxes anyway, many countries strictly speaking don’t allow for it. It’s just that it’s rarely enforced.
Old 07-27-2022, 09:51 PM   #75
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
With all the lights wouldn?t this use an adapter?

And anyway by the time the next Enterprise is shown it would be an easy enough to solve. From what I understand all they need is some sort of safety clip in all the battery compartments and that?s it really (on top of the screw that they already should have). I have many collectables and most utilised screws, except Prime 1 which didn?t even have a cover, let a alone a screw. As well as all the other written notifications they want.

And anyway they should stop including batteries in the boxes anyway, many countries strictly speaking don?t allow for it. It?s just that it?s rarely enforced.
Not sure, I assume they are all LEDs so it wouldn't need much power to run them.
Old 07-27-2022, 10:28 PM   #76
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Not sure, I assume they are all LEDs so it wouldn't need much power to run them.
At worse I would imagine they’ll use AA batteries etc, rather than button cell ones.

If you had Hot Toys you’ll know that they don’t last at full power for more than a few minutes at a time.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:02 AM   #77
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
At worse I would imagine they?ll use AA batteries etc, rather than button cell ones.

If you had Hot Toys you?ll know that they don?t last at full power for more than a few minutes at a time.
Yes, AA would be fine, I use only rechargeable ones now so it's cheaper and they don't leak compared to the buttons.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:15 AM   #78
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Yes, AA would be fine, I use only rechargeable ones now so it's cheaper and they don't leak compared to the buttons.
Didn?t know there were issues with buttons leaking. If that?s the case I would prefer AA. Using the energizer lithium I have never had them leak in my collection. Regular ones I have (will never touch another Duracell). Wonder if the lithium buttons are also better than regular buttons? I have never seen a lithium button leak and have seen many thousands of them (they are used in all laptops/desktops.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 04:55 PM   #79
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Didn?t know there were issues with buttons leaking. If that?s the case I would prefer AA. Using the energizer lithium I have never had them leak in my collection. Regular ones I have (will never touch another Duracell). Wonder if the lithium buttons are also better than regular buttons? I have never seen a lithium button leak and have seen many thousands of them (they are used in all laptops/desktops.
Yes, it's usually the smaller/cheaper Chinese ones I have seen do that. I am not sure what is wrong with Duracell either, for years they have been terrible too.
Old 07-28-2022, 06:45 PM   #80
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Eff Duracells. I’ve had to replace a speaker in a Mechagodzilla toy and switch in a Master Replicas tricorder because of their leaking causing corrosion beyond the battery contacts.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote