SDguy

Oh that's interesting. Even Tweeterheads is criss-cross
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 09:38 PM   #162
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Given that JND are known for simplistic bases, they probably chose a smaller backdrop, rather than possibly overpowering it with a taller but more accurate railing.
A higher railing would have also put the cat behind the widest part of the figure, obscuring it even more.

As small and out of scale as that railing is, it stands out as looking odd to me. I'm sure others interested in possibly ordering will be able to look past it and confine their decisions based on the figure and portrait.

But as you say, given their penchant for simplistic bases, I wonder why then didn't simply put the cat on the ground and make the ground a lighter colored concrete to set both figures off better.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 09:46 PM   #163
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

There's always "this guy".......do you have any shread of evidence to support your statements?....anything?

Because if not....give it a rest, please!
That is very common in China. The actual brands might not even know it is going on or care. Sideshow is well known for this, they let the factories get away with whatever they want "after hours".
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 10:36 PM   #164
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
A higher railing would have also put the cat behind the widest part of the figure, obscuring it even more.

As small and out of scale as that railing is, it stands out as looking odd to me. I'm sure others interested in possibly ordering will be able to look past it and confine their decisions based on the figure and portrait.

But as you say, given their penchant for simplistic bases, I wonder why then didn't simply put the cat on the ground and make the ground a lighter colored concrete to set both figures off better.
Probably just to differentiate themselves from their competition.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 11:10 PM   #165
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFrenchie5 View Post
There are several examples of how inaccurate the Prime 1 statue is compared to the other lines. One example is the corset and lace design. You can tell from these images that even Darkside is more accurate than Prime 1. Her beast size in the JND statue is also more in line to the movie and didn?t need to be augmented like Prime 1 has done. And as someone else had previously mentioned, the JND statue is more practical with the physics of the whip. The whip in the Prime 1 statue appears lighter than it would physically be. These aren?t opinions, they are observations.
1. Great comparisons of the corset. Outcome: buy the Darkside piece if you want accuracy to what's going on at the back of the statue.....just don't worry too much about likeness or overall paint apps.

2. Breast size.....probably the one time accuracy matters less than fantasy....I'm sure everyone fantasized about M.Pf. with the chest size of a 10 year old boy. Outcome: Buy JND if you want to pay more for less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
That is very common in China. The actual brands might not even know it is going on or care. Sideshow is well known for this, they let the factories get away with whatever they want "after hours".
It's no mystery that certain things can happen in China....but, again, no evidence means baseless speculation and anecdotes. For us mere mortals in the West - we have to rely on what the advertised ES says - on the box, on the bottom of the base, and on the manufacturer's advertising - suggesting it isn't true because - well, we know what China is like "wink wink" - doesn't prove anything. Plus, you know what other company is made in China, and already has fakes being produced and sold over eBay.....so it's hardly an isolated possibility with Blitzway.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 11:18 PM   #166
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:

It's no mystery that certain things can happen in China....but, again, no evidence means baseless speculation and anecdotes. For us mere mortals in the West - we have to rely on what the advertised ES says - on the box, on the bottom of the base, and on the manufacturer's advertising - suggesting it isn't true because - well, we know what China is like "wink wink" - doesn't prove anything. Plus, you know what other company is made in China, and already has fakes being produced and sold over eBay.....so it's hardly an isolated possibility with Blitzway.
Sometimes people don't show what they know publicly because it will then be even harder to know.
Look closer and you just might find the evidence for your reference but let's just say things are more in the open now than ever before.
And I know you'll argue the sky being blue but that is okay too.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 11:39 PM   #167
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Yep, or keep the wall and make it the proper size, then move the cat to either end of it for better visibility...seems like a relatively simple change.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 12:05 AM   #168
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I really love what I'm seeing so far I can't wait for the studio photos and the second statue reveal.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 12:45 AM   #169
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Sometimes people don't show what they know publicly because it will then be even harder to know.
Look closer and you just might find the evidence for your reference but let's just say things are more in the open now than ever before.
And I know you'll argue the sky being blue but that is okay too.
Anyone who has been in this "hobby" for any decent length of time, should be aware that China is a cesspool of corruption. I'm not trying to sugar coat that point. At the same time, it's easy to play on people's fears and concerns by making unproven claims, just because "everyone knows China is corrupt...."

But his original argument holds little to no water - AT ALL - when comparing JND to Blitzway, or Queen - as all three use Chinese manufacturers, and at least JND (the most expensive of the three) has been PROVEN to have been copied, and sold on ebay.....so if we're going to run with the narrative that we shouldn't trust Blitzways ES - then, why should we trust JND's?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 12:55 AM   #170
chichop4
Frackin!

Quote:
Anyone who has been in this "hobby" for any decent length of time, should be aware that China is a cesspool of corruption. I'm not trying to sugar coat that point. At the same time, it's easy to play on people's fears and concerns by making unproven claims, just because "everyone knows China is corrupt...."

But his original argument holds little to no water - AT ALL - when comparing JND to Blitzway, or Queen - as all three use Chinese manufacturers, and at least JND (the most expensive of the three) has been PROVEN to have been copied, and sold on ebay.....so if we're going to run with the narrative that we shouldn't trust Blitzways ES - then, why should we trust JND's?
They are not able to copy jnd headsculpt.Even the body are terrible recasted.Ive seen billion of pictures of harley,golden ww,bruce wayne bale.They look nothing like jnd original statue P1,queen recast are all identical.They are made from the p1,queen factory
chichop4 is offline   Reply With Quote