Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 02-15-2024, 10:29 PM   #241
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It isn't believed to be an intentional mass shooting of people. It's currently believed to be an issue where two minors (yes, minors) got into it with each other and then so brilliantly decided that shooting in a crowded area was the best way to resolve their dispute.

But yea...let's keep battling to keep guns acceptable to kids, morons, hotheads, and the mentally unstable. Woot!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 10:54 PM   #242
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
It isn't believed to be an intentional mass shooting of people. It's currently believed to be an issue where two minors (yes, minors) got into it with each other and then so brilliantly decided that shooting in a crowded area was the best way to resolve their dispute.

But yea...let's keep battling to keep guns acceptable to kids, morons, hotheads, and the mentally unstable. Woot!
So it was gang violence. Just 4% of the population committing 60%+ of the murders again. This is why we can't have nice things like parades.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 10:57 AM   #243
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
So it was gang violence. Just 4% of the population committing 60%+ of the murders again. This is why we can't have nice things like parades.
Why do you just assume it's gang violence? The media is quick AF to confirm if something is gang related and nothing has come tying the two together.

If this was two middle-aged white dudes or some women who shot at each other, you just gonna assume its gang violence? Nah. I'm not pro-gang or anything , but blaming every public shooting on "gang violence" is just another scare tactic used in the propaganda machine to avoid actually enforcing gun control laws. Because people preach "gotta protect myself from gangs!"

Meanwhile in Philly a man tried to shoot his family member in his house but she escaped. Yet he got into a shootout with police (took down two), managed to shoot some more of his family inside the house, and then burned the house down with his family inside - including his children. He wasn't in a gang and he killed six people because he had a gun.

Gangs are a problem, but they are not THE problem. THE problem is the easy ass access people have to firearms.

And just to bolster my point: "Missouri has some of the least restrictive gun ownership laws in the country, and acquiring a handgun or rifle is not a difficult task. No permit is necessary for those 19 and older to carry a concealed handgun."

Come the hell on. This country needs to do better.

#EndThreadDerail
Old 02-16-2024, 11:39 AM   #244
Mister H
Youngblood

How bout those Chiefs?!
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 03:25 PM   #245
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Travis Kelce drunk AF singing Friends in Low Places was hilarious!!

And could Patrick Mahomes have any more of a "dad bod"? For a dude who works out as much as he does...his diet must be beer, wine, and total garbage to look like that. I'm here for it!
Old 02-16-2024, 03:41 PM   #246
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
And could Patrick Mahomes have any more of a "dad bod"? For a dude who works out as much as he does...his diet must be beer, wine, and total garbage to look like that. I'm here for it!
Maybe he'll go the route of Brady, from draft combine dad bod to retired and chiseled? Naahh, I hope he stays the same

IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 03:51 PM   #247
Mister H
Youngblood

Mahomes could grow a mullet and wear wife beaters as long as he keeps winnin those rings!
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 05:36 PM   #248
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Why do you just assume it's gang violence? The media is quick AF to confirm if something is gang related and nothing has come tying the two together.

If this was two middle-aged white dudes or some women who shot at each other, you just gonna assume its gang violence? Nah. I'm not pro-gang or anything , but blaming every public shooting on "gang violence" is just another scare tactic used in the propaganda machine to avoid actually enforcing gun control laws. Because people preach "gotta protect myself from gangs!"

Meanwhile in Philly a man tried to shoot his family member in his house but she escaped. Yet he got into a shootout with police (took down two), managed to shoot some more of his family inside the house, and then burned the house down with his family inside - including his children. He wasn't in a gang and he killed six people because he had a gun.

Gangs are a problem, but they are not THE problem. THE problem is the easy ass access people have to firearms.

And just to bolster my point: "Missouri has some of the least restrictive gun ownership laws in the country, and acquiring a handgun or rifle is not a difficult task. No permit is necessary for those 19 and older to carry a concealed handgun."

Come the hell on. This country needs to do better.

#EndThreadDerail
The reason I suspect a gang beef is simple. You said that the shooters were minors that were arguing. Apparently, there was also one adult suspect. Minors don't tend to be strapped unless they are in a gang. They more than likely obtained the firearms illegally. Also, if the shooters were white, then the legacy media wouldn't shut up about it. Since the legacy media is being very vague about describing the shooters, this means non-white. Therefore, logic would dictate that non-white minors that shoot at each other over an argument means gang violence. This story would soon disappear as it doesn't fit a narrative.

P.S. I have been purchasing firearms for nearly 20 years and they are extremely difficult to obtain legally. FBI background checks and ID must be shown for starters. I don't know where you got that idea of "easy ass access" from. Btw, a permit refers to carrying, not purchasing. Our firearm laws are already way too strict. We don't need to do better. Those boys need a father.

Quote:
I dunno, he seems like a dirtbag to me. When he's not assaulting Andy Reid, he's selling the vaxx and Bud Light. Taylor Swift always did choose poorly when it comes to men though...
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 02:53 PM   #249
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

Quarterbacks in general...some of the daddest bodded athletes on the planet...they're like pitchers...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 03:06 PM   #250
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Quarterbacks in general...some of the daddest bodded athletes on the planet...they're like pitchers...
Ha, some pitchers are on another level...like CC Sabathia, fantastic pitcher, but damn...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sabathia.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	168532  
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote