Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 10-03-2008, 09:20 AM   #1
Darth_Ryan
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

MR SW Helmets Question

I recently got into the MR Star Wars Helmets line. I got the Vader,Shadow,327th and Imperial Shock Trooper.

I was surprised that the 327th had two name plates..one that sticks on the base and another that is displayed on a separate stand. Is the 327th the only one that has two name plates? Coz I noticed the name plate on the Shocktrooper didn't state the edition number only the edition run.

The name plate of the 327th on the base states the edition number while the 2nd nameplate that has it's own stand states the entire edition run. Weird.

Can someone enlighten me on this? Thanks. =)
Darth_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
Darth_Ryan

Uhhh still nada? Here are some pix of the name plates that came with the buckets..

Here's both the name plates for the Star Corps

and here's the single name plate of the Shock Trooper..

..so, am I missing a 2nd name plate for the Shock?
Old 10-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
darthrobbler
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hi Darth Ryan, when they first released the shocktooper and 501st there were a lot of damages because of packaging. So when they fixed the problem and resent or reoffered the two helmets they sent them out with only the one plaque that gave the total edition size. From what I remember there are a few that people kept instead of sending them in for replacement that still have the individual edition #. Send a PM to EfxAmy and pick her brain. She was still with MR when this all went down. So no there is not a second plaque for the Shocktrooper. Hope this helps!
darthrobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Darth Boots
Frackin!

Two issues occurred: most if not all SW items in and around the release of Episode 3 were open editions so the plaques just had an number with no "out of" on it. People then asked for plaques with the edition sizes after they were announced and they were eventually produced. Your 327th in this case.

The first three clone helmets-Imperial Shock, 501st and standard white- had a few problems as people were receiving helmets without plaques and poor quality construction. In the end an optional recall was done but since the plaques could not be accounted for the second batch was only released with edition number plaques, like your Imperial trooper.
Darth Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:03 AM   #5
Darth_Ryan

Oh ok. Very informative, thanks guys. =) At least now I know mine is not missing anything. I was about to call the seller.