Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

View Poll Results: Which Moon Knight is Better
White 53 45.30%
Silver 50 42.74%
I Like Both Equally 14 11.97%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2017, 03:51 AM   #71
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Companies making comic book themed statues will likely base their color schemes on what makes the printed page and is the most popular interpretation. It's an interesting debate as to whether he was always supposed to be silver but predominantly appeared white due to coloring limitations. That said it stands to reason more people see him as being white regardless of any reasoning behind the alterations that have been made to him over the years.

Speaking for myself I always thought he was supposed to be white and never really considered he was truly silver, but it makes complete sense and I'm inclined to believe it's true. Either way silver would appear as white in the moon light so in a way either could be considered correct depending on the environment/lighting.
Your comment about colour depending on the moon light is a really good point I had not considered.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:56 AM   #72
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyz1on View Post
Most respectfully, it was the coloring limitations that I was trying to draw attention to when things kind of got out of hand. Out of the all the characters who are supposed to be silver, but are colored white due to limitations, the only thing Moon Knight is missing is the word silver in his name. Silver Surfer, Silver Centurion, Silver Sable (silver costume and hair), Rom etc were all drawn with white ink. So if the word silver was taken out of their names would they be considered white? Just call him Surfer and picture him as he is drawn

Is he white or silver? Now when reading the comic you see that he is referred to as being silver. That was how Moon Knight was introduced. Colored with white ink but referred to as being silver. The only thing I took as not being silver was the lining of his cloak and cowl but depending on the colorist, even that was occasionally drawn different. One artist drew him with black panels on his inner thighs as well. But it does explain why he was often described as being jet and silver.

Regarding your comments about Moonknight, Sable and Surfer I agree with you. As much as I prefer perceiving Moonknight as white it is pretty clear he along with Surfer and Sable were always intended to be Silver. Your points are well taken.

The one thing I think we can all agree on regardless of colour questions is Moonknight looks awesome in statue format! I really love the bust done by Gentle Giants a few years back. Loved it so much I bought 2. One for my desk at work and one at home!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:47 PM   #73
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyz1on View Post
You are a funny man. I don't have to find you anything. It's amazing that even though the actual company that created Moon knight says that he is silver over and over again, that you, who is ???? refuses to see what MARVEL COMICS puts in print in their comic. Did you actually read the examples I posted where they say he is SILVER. Right there in print...in the actual comic..Marvel says it... not me... MARVEL says it....SILVER. But you who thinks he knows more than MARVEL says....nope he's white....cause why again ???? Cause he looks white?? That has already been already explained.

You, who believes, like everyone else, that the Silver Surfer has been silver from the beginning because it has the word silver written to describe him. The word silver. Not the colour silver because back then Marvel Comics didn't use silver ink. They used white ink. So the only connection to determine that the Silver Surfer is in fact silver, is the word SILVER. But, despite the fact that I have shown in print that the same company, Marvel Comics, has used the word silver to describe Moon Knight numerous times (Including the front cover of his first appearance) you're still in denial.

I read that first appearance and saw the word silver used to describe him on the front cover and never for an instance thought that he was white, even though he was coloured white. Just like when they introduced Silver Sable, they used the word SILVER to describe her hair. They used white ink to colour her hair but used the word SILVER to describe it....so her hair is silver. Are you getting it yet?

His voice was muffled under the SILVER gauze which covered his face like ectoplasm. The word silver used to describe his mask. Not white, Silver. Right there...again..in print...in the comic...that MARVEL put out.
You are correct. His costume is silver. That's why I like the silver BD Moon Knight more than the white one. Marvel always described and intended his costume to be silver.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:26 AM   #74
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Would you like him to be wearing a white costume or a silver one in the movie or tv show? I personally love his silver costume.
I guess I would have to see what it would look like on TV. They usually interpret the costume look what they did to daredevil on Netflix.

I would think silver would look cooler on screen to be honest
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:50 PM   #75
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
I guess I would have to see what it would look like on TV. They usually interpret the costume look what they did to daredevil on Netflix.

I would think silver would look cooler on screen to be honest
Same here. I love the silver they used on the BD statue.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote