Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-18-2017, 11:38 PM   #931
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
That means he'll have both his horns too!
He should given when in the story this happened, but I hope they throw in a left-horn stump too since it would seemingly be an easy thing to do. I'm also really hoping we can display him and without wings too so collectors have the option of having him take up less width (plus he also appears without wings sometimes), though I'm not sure that'd be easy to do without having seams in his back.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:12 AM   #932
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
He should given when in the story this happened, but I hope they throw in a left-horn stump too since it would seemingly be an easy thing to do. I'm also really hoping we can display him and without wings too so collectors have the option of having him take up less width (plus he also appears without wings sometimes), though I'm not sure that'd be easy to do without having seams in his back.
Yeah, I'm pretty terrified about how huge this might be.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:43 PM   #933
iguana
Blue Falcon

Thank you for the catch!
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:08 PM   #934
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

So I know literally nothing about berserk but I am blown away by zodd!

He appears to be one of the most detailed statues I've ever seen!

I'm thinking about jumping into some of the anime and movies so I can have some sort of connection to the characters.

Of course with money being as tight as it is I might have to dump another 1:3 po. I have killer croc on order but zodd seems more impressive as a whole.

Still debating but in the mean time I'll check out some berserk.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:25 PM   #935
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
So I know literally nothing about berserk but I am blown away by zodd!

He appears to be one of the most detailed statues I've ever seen!

I'm thinking about jumping into some of the anime and movies so I can have some sort of connection to the characters.

Of course with money being as tight as it is I might have to dump another 1:3 po. I have killer croc on order but zodd seems more impressive as a whole.

Still debating but in the mean time I'll check out some berserk.
Good choice!

As someone who has seen all of the current anime and has read the manga, I would highly encourage you to check out the manga. The way that Miura conveys this incredible story through words and imagery is beyond words.

Many of the illustrations in the manga belong in a museum...it really is that good.

If you do look at the anime, I would encourage starting with the 1997 series one. While not perfect, I think it's currently still the best of medium we've gotten. The Golden Age Arc movies are okay, but it does have some omissions/changes in comparison to the source material.

The 2016/2017 series on the other hand...is not something I could recommend to anyone. I tried to approach that series with an open mind, but I came to the conclusion that it needs a complete remake.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:01 PM   #936
Vendetta
The X-Men

I actually enjoyed the new anime and OVAs - they're not great, and the CGI in both looks terrible, but I like that the anime delved into post-Golden-Age story, and the OVAs do an OK job of summarizing the Golden Age.

I recommend diving into the original 1997 anime (I prefer it over the OVAs) and then going into the manga, and then checking out the new anime and OVAs after that. That's the order I did it in, and I dug how finishing the 1997 anime made me want to jump into the manga as soon as I watched the last episode.

I remember the dub in the 1997 anime being fine too, and it has the bonus of a minor character being voiced by the voice actor who does Goku in the DBZ dub.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 04:19 AM   #937
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:52 AM   #938
SONICobra
Batman

i hope they see this through, even if i cant afford it i want to see it done ...knowing me ill still find a way
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:20 AM   #939
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Unless me or my mother gets cancer I will be buying this price be Damned.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:19 PM   #940
arkhaminmate149
Frackin!

Will Skull Knight be 1/4 like Guts, Human Zodd and Griffith, or will he be smaller like I think they are doing with the Apostle Zodd?
arkhaminmate149 is offline   Reply With Quote