Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Thoughts on some Image titles?

Is anyone one here reading any of the following:

Lazarus
Revival
Southern Bastards
The Wicked + The Divine

I've been curious about these but thought I'd check and hear anyone's thoughts about them before I do.

Thanks!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #2
spriggan
The Spirit

I read Lazarus and enjoy it.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #3
whd
Suicide Squad

Same here. Lazarus is the only one I read from this list, although I have read the first issue of Wicked + Divine and I found it intriguing. Lazarus is a great book. It's a dystopian future that you find a little more about with each issue.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #4
PureInvasion

Read the first arc of Lazarus. Decent title, but didn't quite hold my attention enough to be worth the cash

Really enjoying Southern Bastards. Great opening arc with a slight dip in the 2nd arc so far.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #5
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

The Wicked + The Divine is great! Highly recommend. It is near the top of my monthly pile when i start reading. Heard good things about Southern Bastards, but haven't gotten time to grab the first trade and try it.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:31 AM   #6
Marvelito

I've heard good things about all of them, but it seems like Lazarus might be the one to go with first. It's also the one that's been around the longest I think. Hmm..

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Anyone else?
Old 10-10-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
RELStuart
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Image has some really fantastic series right now that are worth checking out. Velvet, Birthright, LOW, Black Science, Descender, and Starlight. Black Science is getting a deluxe HC in December. East of West just had one come out and that's decent series as well.

DC just released a deluxe volume of Sweet Tooth, that's a bit of a different story if you are looking for a change of pace from normal superhero fare.
RELStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:15 AM   #8
Marvelito

Velvet is one I have my eye due to Brubaker and Epting, plus the story seems interesting. Birthright also caught my eye when it was being released. East of West seems to be popular but I am not sure if it's for me. And lastly Sweet Tooth is one I almost pulled the trigger on a while back but didn't, although I'd like to at some point.

Thanks for all the other recommendations, I'll have to give those a look. Any one in particular that stands out from all of them?
Old 10-11-2015, 12:22 AM   #9
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RELStuart View Post
Image has some really fantastic series right now that are worth checking out. Velvet, Birthright, LOW, Black Science, Descender, and Starlight. Black Science is getting a deluxe HC in December. East of West just had one come out and that's decent series as well.

DC just released a deluxe volume of Sweet Tooth, that's a bit of a different story if you are looking for a change of pace from normal superhero fare.

Yea I will vouche for those image books.

Pretty much everything Brubaker writes is worth reading if you like noire settings. Highly recommend his last book as well "Fatale".

Velvet is probably the best among those listed followed closely by Birthright and Black Science (god I wish Birthright would come out faster, it's been ages since the first arc).

And Marvelito, if you want me image recommendations don't hesitate to ask. I am pretty much 100% Image these days, with the rare trade from marvel or DC.

If you have anything in particular that interests you, or rather a list of definite turn offs in books I can give you a list.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:24 AM   #10
Sharkey

Oh and East of West is fantastic. Despite me being a monthly reader, I'd definitely recommend reading it on trades so that you can follow the story easier as it gets complex with concurrent events being switched bergen at times.