Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-08-2020, 07:18 PM   #81
Peedi
The Secret Six

I really like P1’s The Batman Who Laughs but I prefer 1/4 scale. Maybe XM can make one just as good since the announcement emphasized packing in details. That’s a potential buy for me. I also like P1’s The Drowned.

We’ll see how many of these they get done. I won’t be getting them all but this makes for a crazy line up.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:10 AM   #82
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
HELL YES! This is a great opportunity for XM to correct a MASSIVE mistake by Sideshow. I can see it now....a 1/4 classic Perez Deathstroke sculpted by the K bros. Just take my money!
Come on XM make history! XM should sign the Bros permanently.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:23 AM   #83
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm so glad that XM will still be doing the other bat family (Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin) in 1/6 scale, as I wished to complete that set for my 1/6 DC collection! Since I already have Batman Rebirth on PO..

I have the Wonder Woman Rebirth 1/6...imagine if they do a 1/4 scale with more details packed into it?? I'll be so stoked! :O But I doubt they would do a same design..they'll probably revamped a whole new WW for the 1/4.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:37 AM   #84
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
All I see is good news aside from those of you that wanted 1/6 Doomsday. The announcement said:

- DKM and Doomsday will be 1/4

- they’ve been getting asked who or what will be the first DC 1/4, they will reveal that soon

- the 1/6 line will still continue

So we know none of the DKM pieces nor Doomsday will be the first 1/4 piece from what the announcement said. We know there will be more 1/6. We know there will be other 1/4 statues. They didn’t indicate no classic characters, they only mentioned a few they were working on...also, Doomsday is a classic character right? Unless the 1/6 was some other version of the character.
They didn't confirm classic characters and if Doomsday was originally a 1/6 piece then it's a Rebirth or New 52 version of the character. It's a theme in their 1/6 line with the exception of Batman. They're doing a comic line based on various artists with their 1/6 Batman line. So, there will be classic (and other) takes on Batman.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:40 AM   #85
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
Come on XM make history! XM should sign the Bros permanently.
That would be a smart idea. XM let sideshow snag Daniel Bel from them. The K bros are easily the best sculptors XM has now. It would be a tremendous blow to XM to lose them as well.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:45 AM   #86
built2shred
Phoenix

The sad thing was they already had a painted prototype of Doomsday in 1:6 scale, I don't know why they just don't release him in both scales since they already did the work.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 04:23 AM   #87
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The sad thing was they already had a painted prototype of Doomsday in 1:6 scale, I don't know why they just don't release him in both scales since they already did the work.
That would only be fair to collectors of each scale. This way no one would miss out on adding Doomsday to their collection.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:24 AM   #88
Zinnk
Frackin!

I don't see a bright future for the 1/6 line unfortunately.

I know they reinforced the fact that they'll continue to release 1/6 pieces, and I'm sure that will happen in the near future; I think they have some digital sculpts already done in this line, so those will most likely be done.

However, I wanted to see a 1/6 Martian Manhunter, Bane, Penguin, Riddler, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Black Manta, Captain Cold, Orm, Reverse Flash, Grodd and the list can go on and on and on ...

I know it's a long-shot to see all of these characters being done from the get-go, but one can just hope However, now that a new 1/4 line will be released (with arguably higher profit margins) I believe that 1/6 will fade away. When they announced the 1/6 line, we had a plethora of reveals and sneak-peaks and that had significantly slowed down (I think this year we only saw a Red Hood hint) which is an indicator of things to come.

When it comes to the Doomsday "switch", I feel that they could've fitted a ton of details in the sculpt; a 1/6 Doomsday is massive anyway so you can add a lot there so their explanation of why they decided to move it from 1/6 to 1/4 is a bit weird.

To end this wall of text: I won't cancel the rest of my pre-orders, I'm still happy with what they delivered so far and what's already on order. I'm gonna be sad if this line stops and if I won't see all (or some) of the characters I mentioned above but I understand XM's business decision; 1/4 is a bigger collector market.
Zinnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 04:41 AM   #89
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinnk View Post

I know they reinforced the fact that they'll continue to release 1/6 pieces, and I'm sure that will happen in the near future; I think they have some digital sculpts already done in this line, so those will most likely be done.

However, I wanted to see a 1/6 Martian Manhunter, Bane, Penguin, Riddler, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Black Manta, Captain Cold, Orm, Reverse Flash, Grodd and the list can go on and on and on ...

I know it's a long-shot to see all of these characters being done from the get-go, but one can just hope However, now that a new 1/4 line will be released (with arguably higher profit margins) I believe that 1/6 will fade away. When they announced the 1/6 line, we had a plethora of reveals and sneak-peaks and that had significantly slowed down (I think this year we only saw a Red Hood hint) which is an indicator of things to come.

When it comes to the Doomsday "switch", I feel that they could've fitted a ton of details in the sculpt; a 1/6 Doomsday is massive anyway so you can add a lot there so their explanation of why they decided to move it from 1/6 to 1/4 is a bit weird.

To end this wall of text: I won't cancel the rest of my pre-orders, I'm still happy with what they delivered so far and what's already on order. I'm gonna be sad if this line stops and if I won't see all (or some) of the characters I mentioned above but I understand XM's business decision; 1/4 is a bigger collector market.
Thankfully in the 1/6 scale game, XM isn't the only player. Tweeterhead also sells 1/6 DC statues. The only difference is that they focus mainly on the classic version of the characters. So, if you want modern takes on the characters, XM is the only company that offers them currently.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:19 PM   #90
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinnk View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Thankfully in the 1/6 scale game, XM isn't the only player. Tweeterhead also sells 1/6 DC statues. The only difference is that they focus mainly on the classic version of the characters. So, if you want modern takes on the characters, XM is the only company that offers them currently.
The only problem with TH is their statues don't really blend in well with XM, TH are a bit more cartoony looking where XM are more realistic looking and highly detailed, so you have two different art styles...

I think XM has made enough that you would have a solid 1:6 collection but at the same time it would suck to miss out on other characters because they put more focus on the 1:4 scale line...

Sure XM is willing to keep the 1:6 line going but only as long as people keep buying them... Right now you probably have a lot of 1:4 collectors buying the 1:6 line because they were not satisfied with SS 1:4 options but now that XM is offering 1:4 scale I can see a lot of these collectors giving up on the 1:6 line and just collecting the 1:4 which means a lot less sales on the 1:6 line...

So yeah I agree I think the writing is on the wall with the 1:6 line... we might get another 4-5 statues before XM gives up on it due to lack of sales... I hope I'm wrong... but who knows, we will have to wait and see...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote