Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

End of an era for me :(

well I am selling my 69 Chevelle.. I have had her since I was 16 sadly its in really bad shape I got disinterested in her many years ago.. I have just held on to it for this long due to sentimental reason as my love for muscle car passed years ago.. A guy who has been asking about buying her is making an offer I think is stupid to refuse. I said a price I never thought he would pay for it in the condition its in and he's is suppose to let me know in a few hours but he seems like he's willing to pay it. To get it back to decent shape would be 20k at least and I just dont care to drop that kind of money into it..

I have always said I would just let her rot to the ground before I sold her. But I think that's selfish of me I think its only fair to her to let someone else love her like I once did

Purple Haze we had some good times ....
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
Wookiee
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Beautiful cars! A buddy's dad had a pair of these when I was growing up. They had sequential serial numbers one right after the other off the assembly line. These cars were pure power.

I hope the deal works out for you. I bet in the long run you'll find this to be a good decision, knowing the car will have a second life and someone else can make some awesome memories with it as well.
Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
patrickwm68
The Flash

It's good that you're selling it. I held onto my 69 Mustang for years, I should have sold it but instead I let it rot in my driveway with hopes that one day I'd get it going again. Eventually the gas tank ruptured so I ended up calling a junkyard to haul it away.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
cblakey1
Cyclops

Good stuff.

Let someone else enjoy it.

I got nostalgic the other day for some cars I had as a kid and checked some classic car dealerships to pick one up. I crapped myself to see what they are selling for preserved or reconditioned.

Still may get one but the 15-25K pricetags are crazy!

cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
Rocket
Art of Mod

Is this a BST violation?
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Is this a BST violation?

Seriously though, this thread is worthless with out pictures!!
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
well I am selling my 69 Chevelle.. I have had her since I was 16 sadly its in really bad shape I got disinterested in her many years ago.. I have just held on to it for this long due to sentimental reason as my love for muscle car passed years ago.. A guy who has been asking about buying her is making an offer I think is stupid to refuse. I said a price I never thought he would pay for it in the condition its in and he's is suppose to let me know in a few hours but he seems like he's willing to pay it. To get it back to decent shape would be 20k at least and I just dont care to drop that kind of money into it..

I have always said I would just let her rot to the ground before I sold her. But I think that's selfish of me I think its only fair to her to let someone else love her like I once did

Purple Haze we had some good times ....
Excellent! You made the right move. This way she lives on ..and you have extra money too. Congrats on a GREAT tho tough decision!
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #8
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

It is a good decision especially if you are getting a good deal for it and you have lost interest in it. It is a sweet car though.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
kirthew
Zot

Sorry to hear Lee, at least you can invest that money into your Batman collection.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #10
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171 View Post

Seriously though, this thread is worthless with out pictures!!
this is from about 93 or so lol I have very few pics of the car from 1986-1992 it had 3 diff paint jobs lol all due to wrecks lol of which only 1 was my fault and that was in 86 I wrecked it right after I had gotten it restored the paint job on it was only 1 month old. But all 3 paint jobs have been som kind of Purple first 2 were metallic purples then I went with the one thats in this pic.. really wish I had pics of it when it was in its prime and all cleaned up for show.. here it has mud all over the back quarters lol

havent heard back from the guy yet soo.. shes been sitting behind my brothers shop(odd thing is the car fell into bad shape and my brother owns a paint and body shop lol) in the woods for like 5 years now lol
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote