Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #1
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Xbox Game Pass

From Xbox:

"
At Xbox, we put gamers at the center of everything we do and remain committed to giving you the freedom to play the games you want, with the friends you want, on the devices you want. This year is shaping up to be an exciting one for gamers. As we prepare to launch Project Scorpio this holiday, bringing the most powerful console ever made to the Xbox One family of devices, we continue to make platform improvements to connect the growing community of players on Xbox Live and add to a robust and diverse portfolio of games across Xbox One and Windows 10.

Today, we’re continuing our commitment to give you more options to diversify and expand your library of games with Xbox Game Pass, a new gaming subscription service coming later this spring. Xbox Game Pass gives you unlimited access to over 100 Xbox One and backward compatible Xbox 360 games – all for $9.99 per month.

With great games from top industry publishers such as 2K, 505 Games, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, Capcom, Codemasters, Deep Silver, Focus Home Interactive, SEGA, SNK CORPORATION, THQ Nordic GmbH, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Microsoft Studios, there’s something for everyone to enjoy and you will always find something exciting to play across a variety of genres. Some of the fan-favorite titles coming to Xbox Game Pass when it launches to the broader Xbox community later this spring include Halo 5: Guardians, Payday 2, NBA 2K16 and SoulCalibur II.

One of the best things about Xbox Game Pass is that you can discover and download the full titles directly on your Xbox One. That means continuous, full-fidelity gameplay without having to worry about streaming, bandwidth or connectivity issues. In addition, all Xbox One games in the catalog – and related add-ons – will be available to purchase at an exclusive discount for Xbox Game Pass members, so you can make the games you love part of your permanent library to play whenever you want. Every month new games will cycle into the subscription with some cycling out, giving you a constantly-updating library of games. Xbox Game Pass is your ticket to endless play.

It’s important to us that Xbox Game Pass provides an enjoyable and seamless experience. Before the program rolls out to the broader community later this spring, we’ll be testing Xbox Game Pass with select members of the Xbox Insider Program in the Alpha Preview ring starting today with a very limited number of titles. The titles that are available in Preview are just a small glimpse at the expansive catalog of games that will be available when Xbox Game Pass launches this spring. Xbox Live Gold members will also be receiving exclusive access to Xbox Game Pass prior to the program launching to the broader community. We’ll have more details on timing closer to launch.

We hope you enjoy Xbox Game Pass and all that it has to offer. We’re looking forward to hearing the feedback from the gamers in the Xbox Insider Program and then from the rest of the Xbox community when it’s broadly available later this spring. Your feedback will make this program better for all gamers.

Thank you for your continued passion and support of Xbox.

Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2017/02/28/introducing-xbox-game-pass/#2IFrjV1zvhJcu2fa.99"

Very interesting considering a year membership is about the cost of 2 full priced games. What do you guys think?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
Y3E
Gen 13

If you like digital games I think this would be a great idea for Xbox One games. I've kept all of the X360 games that I like and wouldn't have a desire for any others.

But since I like physical games I would not subscribe to this. I like to have that library look, the games on my shelves.
Y3E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:35 PM   #3
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I would probably use this to play games I had no intention of buying. I usually only really buy 4-5 games a year. sometimes less if I don't see anything I like. So paying $10 a month to play games I wouldn't normally get the chance to try out might not be so bad.

I'll wait until it's up for a while and see what the reviews are like on the service before I plop down any money though.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #4
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I used to like the physical games but as I've gotten older I just don't really care about them anymore. I don't play games to be challenged, I just like a good story and then on to the next one. I also only really play 4-5 a year so maybe this would be cool. I too think I'll wait to see what is offered at launch. It would be a way cheaper way to find games my wife likes to play too lol... when she gets into a game she gets into them hard but it is so rare.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #5
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I used to like the physical games but as I've gotten older I just don't really care about them anymore. I don't play games to be challenged, I just like a good story and then on to the next one. I also only really play 4-5 a year so maybe this would be cool. I too think I'll wait to see what is offered at launch. It would be a way cheaper way to find games my wife likes to play too lol... when she gets into a game she gets into them hard but it is so rare.
Physical games for me is only an on occasion thing. I had to buy Batman Arkham Knight and Rise of the Tomb Raider, but I downloaded Witcher III Complete edition, then again it was only $25 so that played a part.

Otherwise it's all about how I can get it cheaper. I'll go with whichever way saves me money.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #6
Davidian
Omega Flight

It's funny, I prefer physical copies of movies for the reason I enjoy having a product to hold in my hands, plus I don't need to worry about an inferior copy of video and sound, but the wife just thinks it's stupid since you can just buy them digitally. I'm kind of the same with my games, but I think I'd be more flexible with buying my games digitally than I would with movies.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote