Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-27-2017, 06:26 PM   #11
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Not snarky just fact.

If things are going to sold out quicker then it's because they're selling quicker.
If they keep the WL longer then more waitlists are going to get cancelled.

Cool.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:18 PM   #12
ElDiablo
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Totally misread everything I was saying, but hey thanks for the snarky response!

My point was only that after a decade or so of doing sideshow orders, they're moving items from waitlist to sold out status at a faster than ever pace. They're cancelling wait list items earlier too.

It's an obersation, not a complaint.
I am with you Test and I feel your pain. Collects brain fails him.

Prime example. I got on the wait list for the Lady Maria exclusive on March 11. I think it went to sold out status like a day or two later. It is limited to 850, payments for those who chose that route do not start until Aug 8. Its not due out at the earliest until March of 2018 and over a month goes by before you figure out you cannot fill the orders when nothing has changed? I dont buy it. Either they suck at math, they are incompetent or they know exactly what the are doing and intentionally oversubscribing that wait list to...wait for it(here comes my grassy knoll conspiracy) selectively fill orders opposed to filling them chronologically because the popularity of some of these items has reached new levels. Whatever the explanation is it's not the first time this has happened to me in recent memory and discouraging enough for me to say I am done playing that game.
ElDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:24 PM   #13
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Yeah it's odd.

My main thought is that they're discouraging people from playing the "I want the EX, but I don't want to pay the deposit, so I'll hop on the waitlist!" game. This new way, people are forced to get the regular (which clears those future allocations out) AND Sideshow gets the immediate money up front of the deposit for the regular version.

Not saying that IS what's happening, but it makes sense if that's the new approach.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:26 PM   #14
built2shred
Phoenix

There was a shift that people were waiting to see what the final product looked like before ordering, mainly due to the huge Edition Sizes, that and waiting until it went to Wait List before jumping on board. This could be SS way of trying to get people to pre-order instead of waiting around to see what their product looks like. I wouldn't be surprised if ""Sold Out"" items go to a "" Wait List "" later on...

I'm sure SS scores a lot of money with Cancelled Pre-Orders, so the last thing they want is collectors taking a "wait and see" approach.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:37 PM   #15
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
There was a shift that people were waiting to see what the final product looked like before ordering, mainly due to the huge Edition Sizes, that and waiting until it went to Wait List before jumping on board. This could be SS way of trying to get people to pre-order instead of waiting around to see what their product looks like. I wouldn't be surprised if ""Sold Out"" items go to a "" Wait List "" later on...

I'm sure SS scores a lot of money with Cancelled Pre-Orders, so the last thing they want is collectors taking a "wait and see" approach.
Exactly!
Old 04-27-2017, 10:50 PM   #16
danteipp
Hellboy

I am glad someone started this thread. I was actually thinking of doing the same to see what others thought.

I saw several wait lists cancelled today. One was definitely expected (TMNT Leo EX), one was a mild surprise (Prime 1 Batgirl EX), and one was a complete shock (Prime 1 Mr. Freeze EX).

I never expected the Leo to convert, I believe I got on the WL like a week or so out. I was away when it went up and totally forgot about it. I have an order in for the reg, but I will still search for an EX and try to get one later. I am willing to be patient, even if it takes years, Leo is my favorite TMNT.

The P1 Bat Girl I thought had a chance, given the cost of the statue and the EX isn't a great EX. Odds are I will wait and see if I can get one, even a reg, locally at a store where I have a gift certificate or snag one off eBay. I got the AK Batman for a great deal that way.

The Mr. Freeze is a complete shock. I was watching it when it went up, debating if I was going to take the plunge and buy it. I got on the WL 1-1.5 hours of it hitting the WL. I am very surprised that didn't convert. That said, it is probably a blessing in disguise. If it converted, or if I was still on the WL, I would have felt obligated to purchase the Batman Environment Suit. That is a pricey combo.

I do get a feeling that they are def closing out WL quicker and, if you really want a statue, you need to prob pick it up before selling out as WL for popular pieces might be less likely to convert now.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:03 PM   #17
qz33
Doctor Doom

I guess we'll see if they relist things for sale again once they begin to ship
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:10 AM   #18
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiablo View Post
Collects brain fails him.
BINGO, he is just another troll online.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:31 AM   #19
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I thought the "wait list" indicated that current / planned stocks had "sold out" or have been preordered, but Sideshow recognize there's still some chance they'll get cancellations.

So, for something not due to ship for a year or more, indicating a full "sold out" notice is very bold.

The only logical explanation I can think of, is that they have allocated all available planned stock, and have had enough "wait listed" interested buyers to cover that stock should a calculated number of cancellations occur.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:52 AM   #20
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

i think its actually pretty simple. The only reason they will go from WL to Sold out is and this is me assuming they have enough people on the WL to cover all the people with preorders. if everyone with a PO cancels and they can still cover the entire run using the WL, at that point ther is no point leaving the WL out there, it simply leaves more people upset that their WL got canceled a year later and why were they given false hope..better to rip the cord now the way i see it.

I know for a fact that this is the reason Thanos EX went to sold out and they canceled a number of WL orders, i was told they have more than 750 orders on the WL already. I can imagine this is the same thing that happened with lady maria, if you go to its thread you will see that immediately it got to WL a ton of folks jumped on. it isnt very farfetched to think there were at least 850 folks on the WL before it went to sold out. I got on the WL for the EX literally a few minutes after it happened and i still havent gotten a conversion, i'm fairly certain i will get one, but i can imagine a ton of folks jumped on in the day or 2 after me before it sold out.
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote