Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-22-2017, 05:11 PM   #1381
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Don't know now,if the #330 is a production piece,why it does it look better than the costumers are receiving ? Shouldn't be all the same or at least very close ? Paint job on these 2 are different.

Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #1382
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Nope, its the camera and lighting.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #1383
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I have this on order,that's why I'm a pain, but the lighting effect doesn't change the black spots and shading.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:37 PM   #1384
Spazzy
Hercules

That is 2 very different photo setups....one said with a smartphone the other....knows what they are doing. That why I haven't posted early shots in many years...no idea what I'm doing with a camera...could be the best looking piece and still look like ---- on screen....I see a lot of shades washed out in those pics....why would one be yellow and the other brown? Definitely holding judgement until I have it in hands.....this happens way too often with new pieces I don't care what company....even the great and mighty xm and prime 1 has their fair share of ugly early pics.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:37 PM   #1385
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
It's not just that, Alex. I understand you guys did what you could to make the piece as good as possible. However, it's pretty obvious that the paint detailing in the top pic were applied with airbrush(with care) and the one below was applied by paint brush(hard sharp edges, simulate airbrush look can be achieved with paint brush but definitely not here). Factories will never match the proto, absolutely. But the right tool(airbrush) was not used on THIS piece, which took away A LOT away of how the piece should look and hard works you guys went into to get this thing created.

Trust me, I'm very aware that these things don't show well via cell phone pics but it's just a fact that the tools and directions on how they were painted are inconsistent, production piece or not.

I have two ordered and both will be fully repainted either way(one color, one faux bronze). Some of us here are seasoned collectors and knows how to paint and sculpt as well but saying it's only camera and lighting is really surprising to me...
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:43 PM   #1386
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Totally agree. BUT... We are being told that both are production pieces randomly pulled from the pile.

I can't see it myself. One looks way better.

Still like the inhand piece, just not close to what was shown as 'what you will receive'.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:44 PM   #1387
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
It's not just that, Alex. I understand you guys did what you could to make the piece as good as possible. However, it's pretty obvious that the paint detailing in the top pic were applied with airbrush(with care) and the one below was applied by paint brush(hard sharp edges). Factories will never match the proto, absolutely. But the right tool(airbrush) was not used on THIS piece, which took away A LOT away of how the piece should look and hard works you guys went into to get this thing created.

Trust me, I'm very aware that these things don't show well via cell phone pics but it's just a fact that tools and directions on how they were painted are inconsistence , production piece or not.

I have two ordered and both will be fully repainted either way(one color, one faux bronze). Some of us here are seasoned collectors and knows how to paint and sculpt as well but saying it's only camera and lighting is really surprising to me...
The 1st picture is from a production run,not a prototype.
https://www.facebook.com/chronicleco...20193811573789
Old 03-22-2017, 05:45 PM   #1388
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
The 1st picture is from a production run,not a prototype.
https://www.facebook.com/chronicleco...20193811573789
I know, Webb.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:47 PM   #1389
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
I know, Webb.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:56 PM   #1390
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

this is #330. same paint job but different lighting conditions. look at the snout. same dots and everything. it will be fine guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	103082   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	103083   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	58