Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-24-2017, 08:31 PM   #191
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
So just to be clear, we will never do any statues that are gratuitous for the sake of gratuity. We understand the balance of nudity in fine art. And unless the character it self calls for it, we will never over-sexualize a statue just to make money. We are trying to craft high quality pieces of art, whether that's in our own original ips, or in any of the licenses we have or will have in the future. Catgirl is nude because the painting is nude. We will also be providing a fur bikini for those of you who are not comfortable displaying her nude.
I hope what I said makes sense, we love what we do and we see beauty in the human form, that is why we are so excited about our Frazetta license, but we want to do Frazetta right. Great paint applications, attention to detail, and beautiful sculpts, hence why we started with Ehren. We will never show a nipple just to show a nipple, that behavior doesn't sit well with us and to be honest we feel it cheapens the product a bit. Thanks for understanding guys.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:40 PM   #192
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
So just to be clear, we will never do any statues that are gratuitous for the sake of gratuity. We understand the balance of nudity in fine art. And unless the character it self calls for it, we will never over-sexualize a statue just to make money. We are trying to craft high quality pieces of art, whether that's in our own original ips, or in any of the licenses we have or will have in the future. Catgirl is nude because the painting is nude. We will also be providing a fur bikini for those of you who are not comfortable displaying her nude.
I hope what I said makes sense, we love what we do and we see beauty in the human form, that is why we are so excited about our Frazetta license, but we want to do Frazetta right. Great paint applications, attention to detail, and beautiful sculpts, hence why we started with Ehren. We will never show a nipple just to show a nipple, that behavior doesn't sit well with us and to be honest we feel it cheapens the product a bit. Thanks for understanding guys.
Sounds good. I'll take one artistically rendered naked cat girl please.

I know I sound like an ass, but I'm just honest about what I like. When I started out collecting, and I'm a new collector, I was all about ARH. Since then, I got some pieces from JayDee Models and I'm going to pick up cat girl from Level52. In my journey in the hobby, I'm at a place where I'm less likely to support a company, and more likely to support a piece.

So... I'm getting cat girl because 1. she's nude piece, 2. she's a frazetta piece, 3. she's an Ehren sculpt and 4. the paint app so far is beyond astounding. The next piece isn't going to have number 1... so I'll pass on it. Hoping the third goes back to feature on of frazetta's nude paintings. To each his own!!!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:22 AM   #193
AndAlsoTheTrees
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
AndAlsoTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #194
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
So right now we are just waiting on the Sculptor to finish the base, then we have to paint it. We are trying to wrap it by end of April, if not it will be very early next month.
Great news! I moved DD on a horse into a corner

So I would have room for her in his old spot

TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:09 PM   #195
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndAlsoTheTrees View Post

Awesome that this is making a comeback!
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:13 PM   #196
Kurtz
Fantastic Four

That Atlantis looks really nice (as do the others). I passed on that in hopes that ARH would do the Tarzan/Croc dio....

Here's hoping Lvl 52 delivers.
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:16 PM   #197
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Great news! I moved DD on a horse into a corner

So I would have room for her in his old spot

That room is like a temple of coolness.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:20 AM   #198
AndAlsoTheTrees
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post

@TNovak : Can I rent your office during my summer holidays ?
AndAlsoTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:40 AM   #199
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
And even better once we get Catwoman and Fighting man of Mars in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndAlsoTheTrees View Post

@TNovak : Can I rent your office during my summer holidays ?
I wish more people would see it. It is an add on to my garage and not even really part of the house, you have to walk through the garage to get to it. Really almost nobody besides me ever sees it in person and my wife and kids don't even really like it.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:43 AM   #200
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
That Atlantis looks really nice (as do the others). I passed on that in hopes that ARH would do the Tarzan/Croc dio....

Here's hoping Lvl 52 delivers.
Thanks! I was surprised about how impressed i was with Atlantis. I'm really glad I got it. The only Frazetta's I passed on was Huntress with Cats and DDIII. I already had the DDIII 1/6 based on the revised painting and I never really liked the show a little leg DD but it looks good in person (Shedman has it).

The Huntress has also never been one of my favorite paintings and it had a really odd shaped and deep base so I passed on it, mainly because I too had anticipated a bunch more Frazettas (and now hopefully we will get them) and just don't have the space.