Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-03-2017, 06:51 PM   #21
Luminous
Cyclops

Turned out great. Brooks is still on my bucket list of artists I need a commission from.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:57 AM   #22
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
When I was younger I would line up but I just can't do it anymore at the ripe old age of 41. Now I just focus on stuff I can set up ahead of the show or people that take a list for 30 minutes or so after the show opens.
I hated lining up even in my twenties and I am British, we are born to queue.

Great piece.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:35 PM   #23
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
He takes a list about a week or 2 before the show on his Facebook page. You send in your request with the character you want and he picks from there. He said he typically does 1 a day at a show and you pay when you pick it up.

The nice thing is you don't have to be first in line to get picked. You just have to hope that what you request is something he feels like drawing at that time. I love the way that Mark and Lisa do it especially now that I've been picked.

Personally I hate lining up early at a show and trying to get on someone's commission list. I wish all popular artists would go to this system.
i can see the pros to this but if i'm traveling to a show and all artist did this and i don't get any of them i'm going to be disappointed and waste of time/money. At least lining up i have somewhat of a better shot to get 1 piece or more. Pre con list have made it so much more easier too and i like those because now you don't have to travel to a show just have someone else pick it up for you
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:05 AM   #24
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
I hated lining up even in my twenties and I am British, we are born to queue.

Great piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post
i can see the pros to this but if i'm traveling to a show and all artist did this and i don't get any of them i'm going to be disappointed and waste of time/money. At least lining up i have somewhat of a better shot to get 1 piece or more. Pre con list have made it so much more easier too and i like those because now you don't have to travel to a show just have someone else pick it up for you

I can see that. I'm not big into commissions so if I can score 1 major want, I'm happy. I like to get a least one as a memento from the show I've attended.