Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Erick Sosa

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #61
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

it would be interesting to know the back story of this guy cuz he was marketing for his "sculptor friend"

i'm sure he wouldn't be hard to find. Hell, he's got a 9ft hulk in the backyard. Dude is twice the size of most filipinos. In our scale, that Hulk is the real deal.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #62
schnurzdihurz
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

i think the devise should be here, as very often elsewhere: "dont hate the player, hate the game". meant is: the system itself, thats forced to us from above, which most of us accept, cause we think we have to, which is the reason, why people still starve on this planet, which is reason why people have to steal for simply surviving more or less well. and believe me, everyone of u would steal, if u had no food or were ill, if any of ur beloved family were ill or needed food.

furthermore: i dont know why u think some of u can judge a person, who u dont even know. in whose country uve never lived, whose country u dont even heard of or read about or even knowing where it is. very most maybe not even knowing how it is to starve of hunger only one single day in life, of illnesses, that shouldnt even exist any more in the year 2010. his reasons why he does, just saying "he steals, this is bad, he is a bad person" is this kind of ignorant blind arrogant behave, that shouldnt be used by mature persons.

i dont say stealing design ideas is nice, i would be upset too if someone would take my ideas, making cash with. but id try to understand why that person does it. maybe he needs it, he has to take the opportunity to get this cash. and if u ask me, as long as he dont makes this to get richer and fatter even he has enough to live, as long as he dont hurts other people or animals physically or however, then it has to be ok to me. he might just wanna buy the most simple things in life, which should be normal for all humans on earth: food, health, shelter, for him, for his family.

i would simply suggest, before answering in this thread more and judging unknown persons, nations, lifes: try to know more about the reasons, hear that persons out, try to feel into that persons.

if u cant or dont want: simply dont eat 3 days nothing. just 3 days. a human can last 80-200 days without food, but just try 3. u will be very surprised about how u will feel and see things different.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #63
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
I see exactly what you are saying I do, but as a sculptor I would tell the client we could tweak the concept here and there so it is not a carbon copy.....
there's definitely a middle man in this one E. Usually that guy has all the say and to question him/her would have consequences. eventhough the philippines is a democracy, we're ruled by money and those with money have all the power. trust me, my relatives still live there and they're all trying to be politicians.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #64
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
Putting food on the table has never been a reason to steal.

well said.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #65
mfa20000
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYsculpture View Post
MFA i am really sorry if u feel so ... but don u think anyone will get sad if a friend and supporter goes thee other way ..

Again i you think i made a mistake then i am truly very sorry and if you are saying tht u did not know about this then i trust you and i take my words back SORRY
Thank u for this apology here and in the pm. Appreciate it.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #66
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnurzdihurz View Post
i think the devise should be here, as very often elsewhere: "dont hate the player, hate the game". meant is: the system itself, thats forced to us from above, which most of us accept, cause we think we have to, which is the reason, why people still starve on this planet, which is reason why people have to steal for simply surviving more or less well. and believe me, everyone of u would steal, if u had no food or were ill, if any of ur beloved family were ill or needed food.

furthermore: i dont know why u think some of u can judge a person, who u dont even know. in whose country uve never lived, whose country u dont even heard of or read about or even knowing where it is. very most maybe not even knowing how it is to starve of hunger only one single day in life, of illnesses, that shouldnt even exist any more in the year 2010. his reasons why he does, just saying "he steals, this is bad, he is a bad person" is this kind of ignorant blind arrogant behave, that shouldnt be used by mature persons.

i dont say stealing design ideas is nice, i would be upset too if someone would take my ideas, making cash with. but id try to understand why that person does it. maybe he needs it, he has to take the opportunity to get this cash. and if u ask me, as long as he dont makes this to get richer and fatter even he has enough to live, as long as he dont hurts other people or animals physically or however, then it has to be ok to me. he might just wanna buy the most simple things in life, which should be normal for all humans on earth: food, health, shelter, for him, for his family.

i would simply suggest, before answering in this thread more and judging unknown persons, nations, lifes: try to know more about the reasons, hear that persons out, try to feel into that persons.

if u cant or dont want: simply dont eat 3 days nothing. just 3 days. a human can last 80-200 days without food, but just try 3. u will be very surprised about how u will feel and see things different.
i understand what you're saying. Trust me since I'm from there and my relatives still live in poverty but there is still the right way of doing things. That's why i feel for the sculptor and not the commissioner. He/she had control of the project and the money and is the one deserving of all the blame (thief, bad person, etc), and he/she may not even be filipino. that is the irony.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #67
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
We have cleaned out PSF of any threads of this nature. Again I extend my deepest apologies to Eric and Troy, God knows how much respect i have of your work. To everybody Collect ON. =)
Hi Speed,
Thank you, you know we have a lot of respect for your talent.
I would like to make a couple of points.
First of all I created this thread as to warn the people involved, by this I mean, original producers, original sculptors, and potential buyers, as well as the possible person commissioning these new versions and the sculptor making them.
Also, I don't think we feel every artist in Philippines is doing this, and it wouldn't be fair to put the blame on everyone at ----- .

Lastly, I feel maybe you shouldn't ban the sculptor, truth is he probably needs the money, but maybe you can give him a warning and let him know people will still support him and the producer if they but tweak the concepts a bit. The truth is I myself have done kits in the past , so have most of the best professional sculptors out there, and to deny this would be ludicrous, bottom line he needs to come up with his own ideas by researching he net, most of us do... I guess we should give him another chance don't you think?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #68
speedracer
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Thats really big of you eric. We definitely will give him another chance. Ill just give him a 3 month suspension. So at least anybody who has any aspirations of copying work will take notice.

Many many thanks for your understanding.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #69
AYsculpture
Sculptor
Sculptor

thts good i agree with erick and speed racer
Old 10-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #70
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Blatant ripping off.....man, that sucks. This is why I hate people in general. Dang shame to see it happen. Not that it matters, but the originals are much better
Closed Thread