Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-18-2017, 11:09 PM   #81
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

2 episodes in, I'm liking it so far. Definitely more so than Jessica Jones at this point.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:26 PM   #82
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Finished it today - enjoyed it a ton. Has me ready to re-binge everything again. Netflix is doing a great job with these series.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:47 AM   #83
Vracula
Jedi Order

4 episodes in . I find his child like demeanor slightly annoying but i am hoping he matures over the season. The Martial arts is not of the quality of Daredevil IMHO.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:38 AM   #84
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
4 episodes in . I find his child like demeanor slightly annoying but i am hoping he matures over the season. The Martial arts is not of the quality of Daredevil IMHO.
Spoiler
Dont hold your breathe, binged last night and I was like WTF with this guy. For growing up in a monastery, you would think he would lose the spoiled brat attitude.

I heard this got mixed reviews, I see why imo. So many avoidable script choices even for a comic book adaptation. Additionally, DD fights scenes were EPIC, WTH happened here?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:30 PM   #85
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

A couple episodes in and I quite enjoy it. I certainly have to echo the sentiments here that the negative reviews seem to motivated more by the casting as opposed to the actual product. Thus far I would rank it above Jessica Jones but short of DD and Cage; but they are all within degrees of one another to be sure.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:52 PM   #86
statman
Baron Zemo

6 episodes in and so far I see nothing wrong with the show other than the relatively slow pacing. All of these Netflix/Marvel shows are guilty of that at certain points though. Hopefully it will pick up soon.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 AM   #87
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The slow pacing is fine with me as long as it amounts to good character development. The only thing that I'm bothered by is a boring narrative shift focusing on less interesting secondary characters. 6 episodes in on Iron Fist and I'm not seeing this but it's one of the things that bothered me with Daredevil S1 with the bloated emphasis on Foggy & Karen was beyond boring . That said Ward & Joy Meechum and Colleen Wing are far more interesting to me.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:17 AM   #88
luckydumpling
Doh!

fight scenes and script are pretty weak. I'm in episode 6. Still hoping to like it. Finn is ok given he had a short time preparing for the role. his moves are too stiff and dull. hopefully next season they fix that.
luckydumpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #89
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Finished S1 and feel they lost a step with this entry. Fight scenes are very vanilla and flat, music does not match or help at all and the writers took a little too much liberty with the origin and the overall story line for my tastes
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #90
protector2814
Phoenix

Agreed. Netflix/Marvel only uses a shred of what it is that makes up Iron Fist in the comics. I have 2 more episodes to finish & haven't been terribly impressed with any of them. It is however, pretty watchable. I'm entertained. He never seems like an accomplished warrior, ever. More like a teenager who happens to know some Kung-Fu.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote