Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #891
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Nice! Where can I find the coupon??
here you go...coupon is valid through the end of the month; occasionally you might run into a cashier that may read the fine print and try to disallow the coupon, but usually they just scan it, and the coupon reflects a package discount that won't deduct the five dollars until they total it out...I've used the coupon about a dozen times, so it's one of the best coupons BB has had in quite awhile.

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...on_exp0731.pdf
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #892
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsdale Saint View Post
here you go...coupon is valid through the end of the month; occasionally you might run into a cashier that may read the fine print and try to disallow the coupon, but usually they just scan it, and the coupon reflects a package discount that won't deduct the five dollars until they total it out...I've used the coupon about a dozen times, so it's one of the best coupons BB has had in quite awhile.

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...on_exp0731.pdf
Thanks! So BB price matches? Because you said to print out the Wal-Mart ad, and then use the coupon. Or did you actually mean BB? I'm confused!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:29 AM   #893
Scottsdale Saint

Print out the page for The Island from Wal-Mart's website which currently reflects their 15 dollar price, and bring the coupon as well...it generally works best to have them do the price match, and then when payment is asked for, hand them the money and the coupon, coupon on top.

If you hand them the printout to price match, along with the coupon at the same time, they at times will try to say you can have one or the other, which is complete BS. I've found a little tact and a smile has always served me well at Best Buy...if you act like a jerk, well, then they can respond in kind, but I've never had anything but good service there, best of luck.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:46 AM   #894
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah that $5 BB coupon is really handy. Used it a few times myself but I should probably be using it more. Haven't tried coupling it with a price match however. Though its been my experience with BB that they generally push back on anything of that nature. At least at my local stores. Its one of the reasons I limit my spending there.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #895
Scottsdale Saint

HB you are not wrong at all about them generally not wanting to couple a PM along with that coupon, and I GENERALLY won't do that, but I really wanted to get The Island and I didn't want to spend more than my self-imposed blu-ray upgrade price of ten dollars, and when I saw several people had been able to get BB to combine the two, I figured, what they heck, I'll give it a shot.

My two rules are this when trying it...be prepared for them to say "no", and if they do, be courteous, which I always am. Second, always be willing to pass on a higher purchase price than I am willing to pay. Those two rules keep me pretty
Old 07-13-2011, 04:17 AM   #896
Scottsdale Saint

As far as the BB five dollar coupon, I looked through every single title that they had priced at 15-18 dollars, and found about a dozen titles I wanted to upgrade. Out of those dozen, I believe nine had transfers that would be substantially better than their DVD counterparts, and of those nine, Minority Report wound up costing two dollars over my self imposed price point which is $10 after coupon.

I figured, that was one of the movies that I will watch more than a few times, and I didn't want to waste months waiting for a two dollar savings.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:23 AM   #897
Rocket
Art of Mod

SS talking about Minority Report has reminded me I need to grab it from our local Best Buy equivalent, "JB HiFi" they have it for ten bucks right now, along with a TON of other titles at buy one for $20 get one free (so essentially ten bucks each)

If you guys can be bothered working out what will work in your region there are deals to be had here:

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/BLURAY2FOR20.HTM

I know I have gone a little crazy

If anyone wants me to pick something up, lmk
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #898
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The Criterion sale at Barnes and Noble is now active.

Plus save an additional 10% by using the coupon code J3M9D8K.
Thanks. The only blu-ray I don't have which I'm getting this time around is Kiss Me Deadly. Everything else I bought when Amazon had their 50% sale earlier this year.

I'll pick up a few Jean Luc Godard DVDs as well.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #899
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Trainspotting down to $9.99 @ amazon. If you haven't pre-ordered yet now would be the time. I don't see it going lower that this and if it does before it ships you're covered by the pre-order price guarantee.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #900
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Thanks. The only blu-ray I don't have which I'm getting this time around is Kiss Me Deadly. Everything else I bought when Amazon had their 50% sale earlier this year.

I'll pick up a few Jean Luc Godard DVDs as well.
That's one of the ones I'm thinking about picking up.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote