Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 04-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #81
Big B
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Beautiful Statue Big B

Thanks for the pictures. It turned out great.

I just acquired Superman vs Darkseid. I need to get this one. It'd probably make a great companion piece
Thanks. I like it very much and it fits in nicely with the others in this series. I hope the pics helped with your decision to get the GL VS Parallax.

Congrats. I think Ray did a spectacular job on the Superman VS Darkseid as well as the Batman VS Killer Croc statue. Definitely add that one to your collection if you can.
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:05 AM   #82
Doctor Pym
The X-Men

Thanks for posting those photos, Big B... and also for the good news that Hal is about 10 inches tall.

I'd seriously considered cancelling my pre-order when I learned that the amber shading on Parallax (visible in the sneaks) had been abandoned, and when someone posted that Hal would be about 6 inches tall. It was starting to sound like a paperweight.

But this looks great, and I'm glad I kept my pre-order in place. Can't wait to get mine.
Doctor Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #83
chezzrok
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Pym View Post
Thanks for posting those photos, Big B... and also for the good news that Hal is about 10 inches tall.

I'd seriously considered cancelling my pre-order when I learned that the amber shading on Parallax (visible in the sneaks) had been abandoned, and when someone posted that Hal would be about 6 inches tall. It was starting to sound like a paperweight.

But this looks great, and I'm glad I kept my pre-order in place. Can't wait to get mine.
here here!
chezzrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #84
statue-man
The Riddler

I really don't stand this story line. I have not read comics in a few years. Parallax I thought was the character Hal Jordan became after he went mad after the destruction of Coast City and destroyed the Green Lantern Corp,and killing all the Guardians except one and absorbing all the power of the Main Power Battery on OA and then destroying it. Then he became Parallax with all the power of OA and the Corp.
statue-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #85
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
I really don't stand this story line. I have not read comics in a few years. Parallax I thought was the character Hal Jordan became after he went mad after the destruction of Coast City and destroyed the Green Lantern Corp,and killing all the Guardians except one and absorbing all the power of the Main Power Battery on OA and then destroying it. Then he became Parallax with all the power of OA and the Corp.
I personally liked the idea of Parallax being this Yellow Entity. It answered other questions such as the Yellow Weakness and such.

This storyline made heaps more sense then Emerald Twilight.

Hal has suffered other tragedies many times worse than the destruction of Coast City. There could have been other ways to 'Move Him and the Corps Aside' for Kyle.

Geoff Jone's Original idea for ET was a really neat story. I don't have all the details, but I remember the bedrock of it.

It had something to do with a different corps complete with Guardians from another dimension that invaded our world. These invaders defeated the corps and about to steal the Central Battery's Power so in a last move effort, Hal ends of absorbing it becoming Parallax and banishing the invaders along with himself.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #86
Big B
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Pym View Post

You're welcome Doctor Pym. I'm glad GL fits in with the other Confrontations series too.

The shading does change from bright yellow to amber in person depending on how light passes through Parallax. I wish I could have highlighted that better but available light was poor that day.

I look forward to your pics when your GL VS Parallax arrives.

Cheers.
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #87
crazy_legs03
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This statue is sized nicely, saw it at my LCS and I think it's a winner.
crazy_legs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #88
Dns600
Doh!

Hi guys,

Need help. Do you know where this is still available? Thanks
Dns600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #89
statue-man
The Riddler

try Things From Another World, Big Bad Toy Store, Midtown Comics, Best Comics. any 4 of these should have it.
statue-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #90
Dns600
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
try Things From Another World, Big Bad Toy Store, Midtown Comics, Best Comics. any 4 of these should have it.
Thanks.....
Dns600 is offline   Reply With Quote