Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-25-2017, 08:24 PM   #3641
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
I am a good judge of quality and I'm sorry, but I know for a fact my Scorpion won't be leaning ever and no chance! If you own a good one right now you can tell it's not going to Lean unless yours was defective out the box being improperly glued together.

This was leaning because the factory assembled it wrong and that's it. Facts are it will not Lean in the future and the few that are too far leaning are completely due to gluing them improperly. It is dried as one piece and will not move when it has settled. Try to move it and watch it snap.

The resin is solid and not weak at all. Factories may cut corners, but I have 100's of statues and stick to good designs and I can guarantee my Scorpion will have no issues in the future nor does it have any now. Most common QC issues are paint flaws in general and the factory did a pretty good job on Scorpion. Not perfect, but still great. Another issue that factories can improve is the issue you see with a small amount of Scorpions being assembled wrong. They can try to be more careful when pieces need to be assembled when cemented in place but when a human error does occur it should be pointed out from QC and not allowed to pass inspection.

The Scorpion Sculpt leans slightly in and then becomes straight towards the top as intentionally designed and when assembled correctly like 98% of production they will have no issues in the future. Like with any material, if you understand how to take care and maintain certain materials in the right enviorment these items can last generations in Mint condition. Depending on the piece It's a gamble having one with a dynamic pose for leaning problems versus this with a simple pose that has a strong structure. I took a gamble with Wolf Preadator LSF Being so Dynamic that it might Lean, but so far I must be lucky because it still looks perfect and heard of no one having issues with that.

I have statues many years old and All the QC issues I ever encountered were never to do with bad resin or bad structure resulting in leaning. So, from all my expiriences and my huge collection to back me I guess either call me lucky to not experience a structural Lean issue versus this Scorpion is a manufacturing defect out the box or maybe I can judge good designs and pick pieces that don't have future issues..

I can't see a poorly cured resin effecting these pieces and in all my years and statues I have I can't see that is very common for these productions to have bad resin. So, I'm definitely not worried that this statue is going to crumble away in a few years. Sorry, but Scorpion is epic and standing Mighty straight with all his Glory! Never to fall or Lean!

Now, Sub Zero... GET OVER HERE.... Mine should be arriving soon and peeps that sold there Ninjas will regret it in due time. Jerry, please never revisit these Ninjas in 1/3 again so when someone that sold there's regrets they sold it they will have to learn the hard way not to speculate everything on early pictures when in the end he turned out to be a masterpiece. People that are judging from pics or a small number of defects should really judge in person.

I actually like the Material and as someone mentioned the black vest unerneath possibly could have been slightly thicker, but It is still stitched very well. That Doesn't take away from the piece in any way though and just my opinion. The vest looks amazing anyway and I honestly cant stop staring at Scorpions menacing pose... He definitely gives off a chilling presence and I smile ever time I walk into the room and see him. Can't stop looking.

People jump to conclusions like its bad because the 2 or 3 people that have a bad experience due to a defect speak up and broadcast there disappointment but think about how many happy collectors there are that have no issues and are happy with their purchase. My honest opinion is I think Scorpion came out great and for the price we paid that is great value.

Things like broken spears are just the unlucky roll of the dice we all have to deal with when it comes to monopoly delivery services mishandling packages, so all we can hope in that scenario is that PCS can follow up with a replacement for those unlucky souls. PCS Is good when it comes to fixing issues by sending a replacement and they usually don't do reaplcemtns until all collectors have received there piece is what they did in the past to give collectors all the same time to claim a reaplcememt if any issues arrive.

Hopefully, replacements will be in for the collectors that need a new Scorpion and everyone that wants him to keep that you are left ultimately happy with yours as I am with mine.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:27 PM   #3642
dao2
Cyclops

haha.. you can believe whatever you want, I'm not reading that book though :P

This hobby isn't even old enough that people know how long these things could last even with the best quality polystone which anything you buy from these companies aren't :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:44 PM   #3643
Conan7713
Kindly Asked To Leave

Alf sounds like he is on the
Payroll.
Conan7713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:49 PM   #3644
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

what is his eyes made out of acrylic?
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:15 AM   #3645
dao2
Cyclops

dont think so, there isnt any pupils or anything so there is no real reason too ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:46 AM   #3646
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
I was trying to put a different ALF Pic but it won't upload so I changed it to another

HA![I kill me...]
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:51 AM   #3647
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
haha.. you can believe whatever you want, I'm not reading that book though :P

This hobby isn't even old enough that people know how long these things could last even with the best quality polystone which anything you buy from these companies aren't :P
I don't know what you are talking about that this hobby isn't even old enough. I have statues from early 90's and Sideshow was created in 1994 as well as Bowen was established in 1978 and began selling in 91. Enesco as well been making quality lasting statues that last very long and they were founded in 1958.

These pieces will last your lifetime and much longer if you keep them in the right enviorment and understand a materials science to maintain them. The reason museums can have very old items preserved. If you are on that level you can preserve these statues as well. I have Hummels older then me and I know my Scorpion will last the test of time.

PS: I'm not on the payroll, but just confident that pieces I own will be bringing me joy for a lifetime with no issues. If I have issues with defects when first receiving I get it resolved right away and if I can't then I return it and move on. If I ever get a bad engineered dynamic posed piece and it leans I would sell for under retail but I have yet to encounter that myself.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:58 AM   #3648
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I don't know what you are talking about that this hobby isn't even old enough. I have statues from early 90's and Sideshow was created in 1994 as well as Bowen was established in 1978 and began selling in 91. Enesco as well been making quality lasting statues that last very long and they were founded in 1958.

These pieces will last your lifetime and much longer if you keep them in the right enviorment and understand a materials science to maintain them. The reason museums can have very old items preserved. If you are on that level you can preserve these statues as well. I have Hummels older then me and I know my Scorpion will last the test of time.

PS: I'm not on the payroll, but just confident that pieces I own will be bringing me joy for a lifetime with no issues. If I have issues with defects when first receiving I get it resolved right away and if I can't then I return it and move on. If I ever get a bad engineered dynamic posed piece and it leans I would sell for under retail but I have yet to encounter that myself.
ALF, this industry (pop culture resin statues), at only a couple decades old, is hardly old enough to have had long-term analysis on product durability.

And you seem to be confusing the vast majority of products from this forum's producers - namely polystone resin (a relatively new product) - with porcelain (ceramic), which has been around for thousands of years. The two are VERY different.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:50 AM   #3649
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Don't mean to steer the thread away from this madness but I'm stuck at work and my Scorpion has been delivered.......1st world problems.........hype levels increasing!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:39 PM   #3650
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

So i just un-boxed him.....wow just wow.

Everything that people have been saying about him over the last year, the cheap fabric, the changes, the head sculpt....just none of it is true.

I truly think he's stunning and delivers everything that was promised.

I gotta do some pics lol.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote