Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-27-2017, 01:54 PM   #101
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Just over halfway through the series. I can say with certainty that had it not been a Marvel show based on one of my 10 favourite comic characters I would have abandoned it.
Exactly this. Overly simplistic writing. Bad casting for Danny. Horrible fight scenes. Etc. Etc. Etc.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:41 AM   #102
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

On epsiode 4 of this series. I agree that this guy doesn't feel like he's Iron Fist. I want to finish the whole 13 episodes before I have any further opinions though. The Iron Fist effect is okay, but I'd like to see more of the glowing ball of energy around his fist as it had in the comics on screen. I also wish he'd shave the beard and wear the yellow mask. Iron Fist's mask is one of the coolest ever. Colleen Wing is an intriguing character and I look forward to seeing more involvement from her. I also realized during the 2nd episode that Hyundai is the official car of the Netflix Marvel series. Ward Mecham is basically a billionaire, and he drives a Hyundai? It was all Hyundai's in Jessica Jones too, so they must have a deal with Hyundai. Must be the 100K power train warranty I guess.

Seriously though, I'm highly intrigued by the premise of the Defenders. I want to see how all of these characters interact on screen together. We already know the Mike Colter and Kysten Ritter work well together on screen, but I'm interested to see how Daredevil and Iron Fist work with them on screen. Cage and Danny Rand are best friends in the comics. This is one of the reasons I'm worried about Finn Jones portrayal of Danny Rand, because I just can't see Cage liking the Finn Jones version of Danny all that much. But, hey...they'll figure out a way to make it work. I hope they bring in some great villains for the Defenders to take on. I don't just want it to be Kingpin either. Here's to hoping...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:06 AM   #103
SONICobra
Batman

im struggling to finish this but I feel the need to see it though...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:42 AM   #104
statman
Baron Zemo

Sadly, I'm 10 episodes in and I really don't care if I even see the rest of them. I suppose I'll get around to them before the Defenders come out, but I'm definitely not in a rush to do so. Oh well...
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:18 AM   #105
MKS
Nightwing

I am 3 episodes in and agree with some that the Danny Rand casting is off but part of that is due to the writing also - too simplistic and choppy at times dialogue. I think the writing may be the worst part of this as the actors all seem capable.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:10 PM   #106
SONICobra
Batman

maybe they thought the original title was too long... "the trials and tribulations of the meachum family: guest starring danny rand who is sometimes known as the iron fist supposedly"
Old 04-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #107
SONICobra
Batman

i dont feel like watching the rest of this can someone just tell me how it ends with a spoiler tag?
Old 04-12-2017, 04:48 PM   #108
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i dont feel like watching the rest of this can someone just tell me how it ends with a spoiler tag?
You can read full episode breakdowns HERE
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #109
SONICobra
Batman

thanks brother looks like im on the last episode anyway - might as well polish it off, i thought i had 1-2 episodes left
Old 04-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #110
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Last episode was actually pretty decent so worth watching if you're this far along. Overall the series was a disappointment though unfortunately.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote