Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-15-2019, 02:55 PM   #101
Shoo
Hercules

Well, yeah, despite all the comments here (and everywhere else, boards and Facebook), this piece will sell. Hell, I might get it as well.

What could have been, though.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:02 PM   #102
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Peter looks like your average Pixar doofus. Must have been going for a cartoonish look. Other than that, looks like a fun statue.
I do think there's a hint of How to Train Your Dragon's Hiccup there. With a bigger chin.

The thing is, this could have actually worked with Hiccup's gentle eyebrows. But then, losing the Jack Nicholson ones this Peter has might not look so jeffcampbell-y, I guess?
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:03 PM   #103
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Looks like Thundercats is at it again. Peter looks like your average Pixar doofus. Must have been going for a cartoonish look. Other than that, looks like a fun statue.
A young Pixar Jay leno, if they fix his face it would be a killer piece, but it's pretty obviously not a great portrait
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:07 PM   #104
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I might be in for the print if it makes it to unframed, but not feeling the changes on the statue.
Biggest change is his head is higher, which had to happen so the portraits would scrape each other.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:28 PM   #105
Amazing Peter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I have no idea what has been going on, nor will I read it, but....amazing peter as a username.....
Thank you thank you I thought it was clever but I may be alone on that hahaha
Amazing Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:56 PM   #106
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

So, yeah... This maquette seems okay to me. Sorry to derail the other weird conversation going on here with one related to the topic.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:58 PM   #107
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I know it's been said already, but this would be a fantastic piece if it wasn't for that face. Seriously, how did that get approved by anybody? He looks like a gremlin.

Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #108
Amazing Peter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing this thread on the news later.

At least that might be an attention-getter for Sideshow and they'll see what horrors the reaction to Peter's portrait caused and have no choice but to change it.
Hahah honestly I’m not digging it at all the mj Spider-Man statue is not my thing, I hated the xm one this one does look better but still not my deal.thats just my opinion if you like it more power to you that’s why we all collect right to get what we love
Amazing Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #109
Peedi
The Secret Six

I’m not choosing any sides but can we all equally agree to not add any more animosity comments? Is it ok to just not respond to each other anymore?

Before a mod comes in here and regulates can everyone silently agree to just regulate your self and not berate each other anymore? Regardless of who started what or got the last comment, can we keep it civil and just block who you need to block and keep it moving?

Peter Parker doesn’t like disputes. Let’s try to honor the guy. Lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #110
Peedi
The Secret Six

My original point was, blue eyes are wrong. Color artists, like anybody else in life, can be wrong, and blue eyes are certainly wrong according to official Marvel documentation. Also the fact that brown eyes have appeared in way more comics overall since the early days. If 616 Spider-Man’s eyes were colored blue, it was a mistake that didn’t get caught.

But Marvel also cares 0 about it’s own continuity. Lol.

Wolverine on the other hand, should officially have blue eyes and aside from the comiquette sideshow almost always gives him brown eyes. Even current artwork tends to get his eye color wrong.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote