Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 04-09-2021, 03:46 PM   #41
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
First off, the statue is a great looking statue. While a Lich King on the throne akin to Wei Wong concept artist wallpaper would have been phenominal, this is still a great pose that solidifies Arthas as King of the Damned.

I'm rubbed the wrong way about this price though. These price hikes are ridiculous at this point. I think we all knew we were getting steals when they were $350-$400, but they shot up to 1K now within like 2 years.... If they are going to be charging this, they really need to switch over to full polystone and not just on the base. I think if this goes on sale, I will pull the trigger, but I might stubbornly pass if it doesn't get a sale. As great as the statue is. At this point I can invest in another Prime 1 statue like the DoomGuy statue 1/3. Double the price mind you, but when your already deep in, you have to really think about pulling the trigger and on getting what you want the most.

Sad thing is, Blizzard has such a strangle on their IPs these characters will never be made at another statue company. They've sold the licenses to Sideshow and Prime 1 and pretty much didn't really want to cooperate with them. I mean I guess I don't blame them, they have the skills, the talent, and the resources to do it themselves. So if you want a Lich King statue, this is it. There won't be another option.

You have to tip your hat to Blizzard/activision though. Once the company has your loyalty and brand, who cares about a WoW description when you can get them hooked and get them to buy a statue like this. It's like 10 years of subscriptions.... Well played Blizzard.................well played...

And deciding to open up a line that would use any iconic charcter from any franchise was another well played card.........Unfortunately probably all close to the same price.
I don't know about that one chief. While the Doomguy is just completely next level the price on him is easily at least triple once you factor in P1's insane shipping and then the lovely duties and taxes you get to pay.

Also what kind of upside down world is this where he's 50% more expensive for Europe.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:11 PM   #42
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just FYI

83 left
There were over 130 left earlier today

Of course they could always add more, but ya never know.
MechWestern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:12 PM   #43
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Actually your sort of right. Doomguy is a statue which was actually over priced and a cash grab much the same as what is going on here, which I am actually a little bitter about. Had that Doomguy been $1500 for EX I would have got it by now. I guess I just meant, that for me at least, there is a line and once that line has been met, you need to make sure you invest in something you want the most. And I really really like this Lich King and keep looking at the photos. But the more I do, I also keep thinking about Doomguy 1/3 and Resident Evil 2 Remake diorama.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:17 PM   #44
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
Just FYI

83 left

It's really hard to get a read on the Bilzzard Gear store at the moment with Fanatics involved. Having Lilith already gone, and even several different t-shirts sell out on Virtual Blizzcon and then not even restocked makes you wonder what they are doing over there. Don't want to pressure anyone and I think I will still wait, but they definitely have been acting unpredictable recently.

Truthfully though, I think they would be stupid not to restock this statue and then put it on sale later on and milk the community dry on it. It's obviously a highly demanded character and will make them more profit.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:08 PM   #45
twstd

Quote:
Just FYI

83 left

How do u know a number on what's left, isn't this a PO with no ES stated?
Old 04-09-2021, 08:14 PM   #46
MechWestern

Just adding 500 to cart. The available number has been dropping all day.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:00 PM   #47
Zeegoo
Doh!

Quote:
Well, I was going to wait for a sale but you have me worried about it selling out. I used a new e-mail for the 15% and just ordered. Blizzard should give you commission for the sale.
Zeegoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:01 PM   #48
twstd

Quote:
LOL brilliant.

If this is a PO for Nov/Dec then wouldn't it be safest to PO now and just cancel and re-PO if it goes on sale, or are people going to wait for the sale into next year?
Old 04-09-2021, 09:15 PM   #49
Zeegoo
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
LOL brilliant.

If this is a PO for Nov/Dec then wouldn't it be safest to PO now and just cancel and re-PO if it goes on sale, or are people going to wait for the sale into next year?
If it really doesn't ship until Nov/Dec, PO now is probably safe to hedge against selling out and then cancelling later if a sale occurs.

I cancelled a PO last year and there was no nonrefundable deposit or additional charge, they just refunded all my money.
Zeegoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:42 PM   #50
MechWestern

Hahaha welcome!

I got screwed on thrall with the 30% and I’ll probably get screwed on this one... BUT the extra money is worth the peace of mind to me.