Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-26-2024, 02:04 PM   #231
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Not sure if you've seen the documentary about him but his problems are all of his own making. He has nobody to blame but himself. He wasted his money then would go on his channel and cry about it instead of making good content, so people left.

People commenting on stuff is what juices the algorithms and people tune into it. When things are slow it pays the bills. Asmongold used to be a World of Warcraft only channel but got tired of Blizzard and the game and now he makes millions choosing topics on his reddit to talk about.

I'm an old fuddy duddy. That episode of Southpark where Kyle couldn't understand why Ike and his friends would rather watch someone play a game then play one used to be me. Now I watching people play instead of doing the playing and I don't know why.
I watched the doc some time ago.

I watched a well known games play player play through The Last of Us 2
Fact is, i was too lazy to buy and play the game. Watching some one else blast though it and reach the end = i was going to see the end!
Fact is, i did play The Last of Us 1, and found it to be not much fun, diffcult, even if it did look good and i liked the theme.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:12 PM   #232
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I watched a well known games play player through The Last of Us 2
Fact is, i was too lazy to buy and play the game.
I watched an edited playthrough of the original The Last Of Us because at the time it wasn't released on PC, and I kept hearing how good the story was...it was a fun watch over a few days, but that's the only time I've done that.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:27 PM   #233
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I watched an edited playthrough of the original The Last Of Us because at the time it wasn't released on PC, and I kept hearing how good the story was...it was a fun watch over a few days, but that's the only time I've done that.
I returned time and time again to The Last of Us 1 and gave up time and time again due to frustration. I reached the point where the player is hanging upside-down from the rope taking on zombies wave after wave, eventually i did it, and gave up on what followed.
I might check out a walkthrough on YouTube just to see how it plays out

I am someone who has completed Death Stranding and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, both of which are great and feature good controls. With The Last of Us 1, i found myself at times fighting the controls, and the 'throw object' mechanic was poorly implemented compared to Metal Gear Solid V, which made throwing stuff easy.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:38 PM   #234
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I'm an old fuddy duddy. That episode of Southpark where Kyle couldn't understand why Ike and his friends would rather watch someone play a game then play one used to be me. Now I watching people play instead of doing the playing and I don't know why.
I think video games in general had reached their peak during the PS3 era in terms of gameplay. Game developers have become far more conservative.

Consoles become much more powerful since then and quality of graphics has improved dramatically, but gameplay for most games remains somewahat the same.

There are numerous sequels and remastered versions of the same PS3 games which maintain the same formula and gameplay.

It becomes quite boring and tedious to play through despite the amazing in-game graphics, thanks to UE.

It is not surprising why people would rather watch someone else play the games instead of playing them themselves. Why bother?
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:46 PM   #235
Augen
Metal Men

Sounds like you folks need to spread some Democracy for Super Earth!
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 03:10 PM   #236
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I watched a well known games play player play through The Last of Us 2
Fact is, i was too lazy to buy and play the game. Watching some one else blast though it and reach the end = i was going to see the end!
Hey, I still purchase and play the games I spoil.

I think it's out of laziness or my tastes in what I watch have changed. I'm content with leaving a channel with Law and Order or South Park on in the background all day and could care less about local or world news. Anything good we watch now is streamed. The weathercasters can't even get the weather right on the day of anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I think video games in general had reached their peak during the PS3 era in terms of gameplay. Game developers have become far more conservative.
Pretty much nailed it. I do like to play the classics or the games I grew up with more than the new stuff. I'm going through each game in the FF Pixel Remasters now and having a ball.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 11:16 PM   #237
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I have noticed that the engagement in the statue groups on social media has declined a lot. And channels with thousands of subscribers only get a comment or two. Hopefully things pick up. Maybe the hobby needs to shift to 3D printing and doing our own painting. I try to collect 1/6 scale figures, but they just aren't cutting it. Statues for the win.

Quote:
Statue slow down.. i have started to see it hit YouTuber's..
During some live chat's, they chat, but lack enough statue / figure news to talk about.

Over past few days these Statue YouTubers (the one's i follow) have covered non statue stuff, including:
Flankster 117 - Papifeed AutoPetfeeder 2.0 (reviewed)
The Xtreme Channel - Buying NAME BRAND VS GENERIC: ARGUING with my WIFE UNEDITED
The Batman Statue Collector - NEW Cantina Chicken Taco Review

I guess YouTuber's need to keep feeding that algorithm, such is the beast it is
Flankster (Sean Sanders) is a scammer and I stopped watching the BSC when he started putting those stupid facial expressions in his thumbnails. I like the Mr. X channel. He always seems to be getting new statues in all the time.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 07:58 PM   #238
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Over past few days these Statue YouTubers (the one's i follow) have covered non statue stuff, including:
Flankster 117 - Papifeed AutoPetfeeder 2.0 (reviewed)
Please stop supporting that scumbag.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote