Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #231
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
haha, think again bud, I have no intention to watch a single episode, hell I've yet to see a single marvel (or dc for that matter) movie, i'm just saying rarely does a tv series come out of the gate as good as it can be
They should get your interest and be entertaining otherwise they fail pretty quickly.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #232
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I read an article online today saying their was a 34% decline in viewers for the 2nd episode. While it was expected as most ratings go down after the pilot, ABC wasn't expecting it to decline so sharply. They go on to say if viewers continue to drop after the 3rd episode the series faces cancellation. Their was heavy criticism and negative reviews after the 2nd episode aired, and I have to say, I agree with them.

As much as I want this series to be a success, it's just not holding my attention at all. I'll give it a couple more episodes, but if I don't see some superpowers or great hooks at the end of the show I'm done with the series. I don't want to see agents fighting with other agents or simple hand to hand combat with normal people. I can tune to any other show on tv and get that. This is suppose to be a superhero show, make it feel like it.

Chris
Which is interesting as a lot of online reviews from those who supposedly saw the pilot early were saying that the pilot was totally awesome. I wonder what they were smoking.

I by no means hate the show. It's ok. And it's better than a lot of crap the networks put on the air. But with cable shows with high production values like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones around, I think a lot of people were looking for Marvel movie quality. And that's just not going to happen with the number of episodes ABC wants per year.

Breaking Bad was a relatively low budget show, but kept up the quality by only producing half or less than what the broadcast networks usually do (24 to 26 episodes per year).
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #233
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

BTW, I disagree that this is supposed to a superhero show. I think that's everyone's expectation, but it was never sold as such. But it in the end, public expectations will probably end up killing the show.

The public wants superheroes and that what they make the movies so they can charge people for that. If they add superheros on Agents of SHIELD, then the public will get used to getting that for free and ticket sells of superhero movies will drop.

Besides, what third rate Marvel hero of villain do you want to see on TV? You will never get the first rate stuff except maybe references and short cameos. You will never see second rate characters as Iron Man was a comic book second rate hero where the movies have turned him into a first rate hero. So the second rate heroes and villains have potential for blockbuster gold. Antman and Guardians of the Galaxy are no way top tier characters, yet we are getting movies.

Plus, despite Agents of SHIELD being a TV show, I don't know if we will see mutants since the show is tied to the Marvel cinematic universe. They might have mutant characters (first episode had some "Longshot" reference if I am remembering correctly) but they won't be called mutants due conflict with Fox's X-Men universe.

What hero or villain do you think can realistic make it to Agents of SHIELD if they decide to go that direction?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #234
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Graviton is rumored to be the villain in coming episodes.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #235
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
BTW, I disagree that this is supposed to a superhero show. I think that's everyone's expectation, but it was never sold as such. But it in the end, public expectations will probably end up killing the show.

The public wants superheroes and that what they make the movies so they can charge people for that. If they add superheros on Agents of SHIELD, then the public will get used to getting that for free and ticket sells of superhero movies will drop.

Besides, what third rate Marvel hero of villain do you want to see on TV? You will never get the first rate stuff except maybe references and short cameos. You will never see second rate characters as Iron Man was a comic book second rate hero where the movies have turned him into a first rate hero. So the second rate heroes and villains have potential for blockbuster gold. Antman and Guardians of the Galaxy are no way top tier characters, yet we are getting movies.

Plus, despite Agents of SHIELD being a TV show, I don't know if we will see mutants since the show is tied to the Marvel cinematic universe. They might have mutant characters (first episode had some "Longshot" reference if I am remembering correctly) but they won't be called mutants due conflict with Fox's X-Men universe.

What hero or villain do you think can realistic make it to Agents of SHIELD if they decide to go that direction?

I think that's the point, there are a million of them! I'd love to see any and all of the following:

Count Nefaria
Mr. Hyde
Cobra
Purple Man
Jack of Hearts
Doc Samson
Wil-O-the Wisp
Black Knight
Captain Britain
Nova
Imperial Guard (Although I'd rather see them in their own movie.)
Squadron Supreme
Sub Mariner
Alpha Flight

And on, and on....there are so many possibilities!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #236
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Sub mariner is licensed by Universal. Marvel can't use him.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #237
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Just saw episode 2. Still sucks.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #238
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Sub mariner is licensed by Universal. Marvel can't use him.
Okay, but there's still a grundle of characters at their disposal. There's probably other characters in my list that are "off limits" to Marvel as well, which is such a joke. I wish this whole Fox, Sony, Universal movie rights to the Marvel characters would just go away. I know it won't, but I sure wish it would....
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #239
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
In this case you are right. After doing a Google search it seems this show was picked up by ABC fairly late in the game so there were only two maybe three episodes in the can before the show premiered.
actually as I stated, most tv shows are still filming through into January.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:00 AM   #240
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
haha, think again bud, I have no intention to watch a single episode, hell I've yet to see a single marvel (or dc for that matter) movie, i'm just saying rarely does a tv series come out of the gate as good as it can be
Turn in your geek/nerd card.