Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 02-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #131
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Beast is a Gallery figure, smaller scale. I really don't understand why they did it that way.

Scarlet Witch looks even better than the prototype pictures. Fingers crossed for the production pieces.
Really? There goes that.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:57 PM   #132
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Can't wait for Iceman.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:59 AM   #133
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
X-Men

Lady Deadpool
Is Lady Deadpool really part of the X-men universe? I know Deadpool is but not Wanda Wilson.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:03 AM   #134
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocodileRock View Post
yeah, shame that magneto was a miss, I have hope for a Cyclops.
Was it really a miss? I was only going to collect the ladies (minus Domino who I didn’t like after seeing up close) and am tempted to get Wolvie and Magneto after seeing Iceman.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:07 AM   #135
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Is Lady Deadpool really part of the X-men universe? I know Deadpool is but not Wanda Wilson.
From what I understand, Lady Deadpool is simply a female version of Deadpool, including their mutant powers. (I know she's from a different reality.)
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:15 AM   #136
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Was it really a miss? I was only going to collect the ladies (minus Domino who I didn’t like after seeing up close) and am tempted to get Wolvie and Magneto after seeing Iceman.
It depends on your on personal standards. There are people who own Magneto and are happy with how it turned out. It was an easy pass for me.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #137
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Magneto looks okay, but I'd be concerned about leaning or breakage issues since the statue is held aloft by only two contact points on the cape.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:23 PM   #138
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
From what I understand, Lady Deadpool is simply a female version of Deadpool, including their mutant powers. (I know she's from a different reality.)
Reason I ask is ‘coz am on the fence whether to keep my Marvel Bishoujo of her. I have the Scarlet Witch one as well. Since the DST Marvel premier line isn’t as consistent as Kotobukiya’s, I might just stick to the main X-men. I even returned Domino whose portrait I very much did not like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
It depends on your on personal standards. There are people who own Magneto and are happy with how it turned out. It was an easy pass for me.
So far am holding off on getting Magneto. Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Magneto looks okay, but I'd be concerned about leaning or breakage issues since the statue is held aloft by only two contact points on the cape.
Good point. Although the alternative (which I assume is a vertical rod) would’ve been an eyesore. I (or to be more politically correct, the OC part of me) hate(s) statues with vertical rods with a passion. Lol
Old 02-21-2019, 12:41 AM   #139
spriggan
The Spirit

Quote:
Reason I ask is ‘coz am on the fence whether to keep my Marvel Bishoujo of her. I have the Scarlet Witch one as well. Since the DST Marvel premier line isn’t as consistent as Kotobukiya’s, I might just stick to the main X-men. I even returned Domino whose portrait I very much did not like.
For me, I like the domino statue by DST. The paint apps could be better but on mine, the paint apps on domino itself is not an issue. The paint apps on the machine by her leg should be better. I may just repaint that part when I have a chance.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:20 AM   #140
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriggan View Post
For me, I like the domino statue by DST. The paint apps could be better but on mine, the paint apps on domino itself is not an issue. The paint apps on the machine by her leg should be better. I may just repaint that part when I have a chance.
Full disclosure, my Domino did have a poor paint job around the eyes which is the main reason why I returned it. I never bothered to ask for a different one because after seeing it in person I just wasn’t digging the portrait, something about the shape of the face — the jaw is assymetric and lopsided (at least from mine and ones i’ve Seen on videos).