Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-27-2017, 08:05 PM   #11
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah it would be about 7 ft long
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:23 PM   #12
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Even if this one proves to be out of my budget I still hope we get more JP 1 Rex, perhaps in slightly smaller scales, IMO you can't have too much T Rex, in particular I love the pose of the Rex in JP when it begins to chase the Jeep, it's a very dynamic pose. I know Chronicle is doing the JW Rex but I'm not a big fan of her "older" look
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jurassicpark19931080phdw.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	105590  
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:35 PM   #13
Parallax
Nightwing

It would probably be cheaper for me to move to Texas and pick this up than have it shipped to me. Holy hell, what a monster!
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:37 PM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
It would probably be cheaper for me to move to Texas and pick this up than have it shipped to me. Holy hell, what a monster!
I am already doing that later this year or early next to get 5 or 6 pieces. Not sure when this will be done, but I am getting it too!
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:05 PM   #15
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Just a reminder guys, I have no confirmation that this will be produced for sale, just speculating based on their Instagram post today. We can guess if it is and how much it would cost, but no official info as of yet, aside from the fact that we know they are creating one for SDCC
Old 06-27-2017, 10:51 PM   #16
Enforcer

Well my first guess would be 5k but I think that's a pretty high over estimate by a still noob in this hobby. It's not like a 1:1 Endoskeleton or equal pieces. It's just going to be alot of solid plastic and granted, a big paint app, but how high can you really charge for that...

Wouldn't this be one of those in house type of projects? And didn't CC just get done saying no more in house projects? I can't imagine producing a 1/5 Rex and dealing with that shipping back and forth to China.

Maybe, just MAYBE, they are quite literal when they say in house, but are willing to do what they did with the 1:1 Endos before that deal fell apart. That technically is out of house but still MiA. In that case, yeah....3-5k.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:57 PM   #17
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Well my first guess would be 5k but I think that's a pretty high over estimate by a still noob in this hobby. It's not like a 1:1 Endoskeleton or equal pieces. It's just going to be alot of solid plastic and granted, a big paint app, but how high can you really charge for that...

Wouldn't this be one of those in house type of projects? And didn't CC just get done saying no more in house projects? I can't imagine producing a 1/5 Rex and dealing with that shipping back and forth to China.

Maybe, just MAYBE, they are quite literal when they say in house, but are willing to do what they did with the 1:1 Endos before that deal fell apart. That technically is out of house but still MiA. In that case, yeah....3-5k.
Yeah they did say no more in house, if you were going to produce a 7 foot long T Rex that required shipping from China perhaps they could design it to fit together, using the magnetic system like Sideshow does, although I know a lot of collectors would be very much against doing it that way. Also I don't think they would produce this in plastic, maybe resin?
Old 06-27-2017, 11:14 PM   #18
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

this is the pose i would love to see!!! https://youtu.be/7GA9_zPGHiE go to minute 4:00.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jurassic_world_ending_3_6_by_wemakeyoulaughfilms-d93itqq.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	105597  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:15 PM   #19
Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
Yeah they did say no more in house, if you were going to produce a 7 foot long T Rex that required shipping from China perhaps they could design it to fit together, using the magnetic system like Sideshow does, although I know a lot of collectors would be very much against doing it that way. Also I don't think they would produce this in plastic, maybe resin?
I'm sure it'll be a resin of some sort. Ever since 1/4 Endo I've got plastic on the brain. It's just so darn light weight :x
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:18 PM   #20
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Shipping alone on this would make it a tough sell. I'd love to have it but unlikely it's something I could swing.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote