Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-10-2021, 12:10 PM   #421
Puni
Birdman

at the moment i have no clue where to put him, but im sticking with my order too.
in my opinion, he looks really good. i like the head where he bites his lip really much and dawg looks great!
Puni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 04:03 AM   #422
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Prime 1 Lobo

Finally got this in and damn he's a bad man! I took a picture next to BWL in case anyone was wondering about overall scale. So a few threads back there was complaining about detail, color, execution, price, etc. Having him in hand I can tell some of you worry too much. I took these with an iphone with not so great lighting (in my garage with halogens) but you can see all the amazing details from the proto are there...at least I can in person. Keep in mind the proto images are shot with dramatic light gels that create all sorts of colors and shadows (especially on Dawg) that we don't get once we unbox everything. I also took an image of Lobo's arm with and without a flash thus replicating that purple hue everyone was worried about...he's grey. Even the space dolphins look great. There are some things that could be better such as his chain, although the color is just fine I was expecting metal because I thought that was a nice touch with the SS version. I think the base is a little too big and if we're getting picky the cosmic effect colors on the dolphins don't match the proto but the transparent effect is great. Overall the piece is a winner not a fail and having owned the SS version, the P1 version is far superior IMO. As far as pricing goes....this is a lot of statue...a lot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BWLLOBO.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	791.2 KB
ID:	138650   Click image for larger version

Name:	LOBO.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	599.3 KB
ID:	138651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chains.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	138652   Click image for larger version

Name:	DAWG.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	365.1 KB
ID:	138653   Click image for larger version

Name:	spacedolphin.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	392.4 KB
ID:	138654  

Click image for larger version

Name:	LOBOarms.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	138655  
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:13 PM   #423
clockwork463
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Looks good to me
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:16 PM   #424
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Finally got this in and damn he's a bad man! I took a picture next to BWL in case anyone was wondering about overall scale. So a few treads back there was complaining about detail, color, execution, price, etc. Having him in hand I can tell some of you worry too much. I took these with an iphone with not so great lighting (in my garage with halogens) but you can see all the amazing details from the proto are there...at least I can in person. Keep in mind the proto images are shot with dramatic light gels that create all sorts of colors and shadows (especially on Dawg) that we don't get once we unbox everything. I also took an image of Lobo's arm with and without a flash thus replicating that purple hue everyone was worried about...he's grey. Even the space dolphins look great. There are some things that could be better such as his chain, although the color is just fine I was expecting metal because I thought that was a nice touch with the SS version. I think the base is a little too big and if we're getting picky the cosmic effect colors on the dolphins don't match the proto but the transparent effect is great. Overall the piece is a winner not a fail and having owned the SS version, the P1 version is far superior IMO. As far as pricing goes....this is a lot of statue...a lot!

Wow- this looks amazing! Thanks for sharing! Now- I wish I didn't cancel my order dammit!
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:16 PM   #425
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Well he’s still available but now that he’s in collector’s hands and pictures are appearing all over social media, I’m sure he’ll sell out.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:49 PM   #426
TruckerJoe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Amazing!!
Keep the photos coming!!
TruckerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:13 AM   #427
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Finally got this in and damn he's a bad man! I took a picture next to BWL in case anyone was wondering about overall scale. So a few threads back there was complaining about detail, color, execution, price, etc. Having him in hand I can tell some of you worry too much. I took these with an iphone with not so great lighting (in my garage with halogens) but you can see all the amazing details from the proto are there...at least I can in person. Keep in mind the proto images are shot with dramatic light gels that create all sorts of colors and shadows (especially on Dawg) that we don't get once we unbox everything. I also took an image of Lobo's arm with and without a flash thus replicating that purple hue everyone was worried about...he's grey. Even the space dolphins look great. There are some things that could be better such as his chain, although the color is just fine I was expecting metal because I thought that was a nice touch with the SS version. I think the base is a little too big and if we're getting picky the cosmic effect colors on the dolphins don't match the proto but the transparent effect is great. Overall the piece is a winner not a fail and having owned the SS version, the P1 version is far superior IMO. As far as pricing goes....this is a lot of statue...a lot!
You should seen Rad Titan video about your statue, they disagree. lol
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:28 AM   #428
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Everything about this hobby is subjective. Who cares if a reviewer has a different opinion? It's nice that people take the time to make videos for us, but I've disagreed plenty of times with reviewers. The only opinion that matters is that of the person buying it. I don't give a ---- about what anyone thinks about the pieces in my collection.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:24 AM   #429
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Everything about this hobby is subjective. Who cares if a reviewer has a different opinion? It's nice that people take the time to make videos for us, but I've disagreed plenty of times with reviewers. The only opinion that matters is that of the person buying it. I don't give a ---- about what anyone thinks about the pieces in my collection.
Agreed. Your collection is for you, not anyone else. I have a few pieces in my collection that other collectors (and reviewers) took a massive dump on. Their opinion didn't matter to me. If I like a piece, I'll add it to my collection regardless of what anyone else thinks.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:00 PM   #430
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
TRUTH!
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote