Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-28-2021, 04:11 AM   #11
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Right size, right pose, right base...but no MM. lol

I split the Mika release for the character listing 'sticky', as it's clearly their best effort to get the character done for the original line as well.
I'm glad no MM on her, I'm not imagining it coming out well ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Menat?

I'd have thought either Juri or Ibuki would have been more popular.
I donot collect this line after Laura Matsuda was revealed. I would rather wait for a Laura Matsuda wearing green fighting outfit, performing a move
They did just do a great ibuki though
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:46 PM   #12
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Yeah, Juri and Ibuki just got the Ultra release only two years ago. None of the three are top tier, so it's just a matter of trying to do characters we haven't seen yet. I appreciate Ant's approach, even if he hasn't gotten to ones I want... yet.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:18 PM   #13
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
They did.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:31 PM   #14
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Yeah, Juri and Ibuki just got the Ultra release only two years ago. None of the three are top tier, so it's just a matter of trying to do characters we haven't seen yet. I appreciate Ant's approach, even if he hasn't gotten to ones I want... yet.
How is Juri not top tier? As far as I know her Ultra line statue sold pretty well without ever going on sale and she's overall a pretty popular character among fans.
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:28 PM   #15
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
How is Juri not top tier? As far as I know her Ultra line statue sold pretty well without ever going on sale and she's overall a pretty popular character among fans.
He means top tier character I believe not a comment on the statue, and while popular top tier would be like chun, ryu, cammy, etc.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:35 PM   #16
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Juri is a heavy hitter for anyone that knows her. The only difference between Juri and say Chun Li or Ryu is that there are a lot of people who know Street Fighter as a nostalgic or pop culture IP, and those people will only know characters like Chun Li and Ryu. I would argue Juri is quite a bit more popular than many of the characters even from the original SF2
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:47 PM   #17
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
He means top tier character I believe not a comment on the statue, and while popular top tier would be like chun, ryu, cammy, etc.
Yup. Top tier are characters that will always sell, regardless of whether they've been in a game recently. Since SF is pretty much defined by SFII, it's going to mostly be those characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Juri is a heavy hitter for anyone that knows her. The only difference between Juri and say Chun Li or Ryu is that there are a lot of people who know Street Fighter as a nostalgic or pop culture IP, and those people will only know characters like Chun Li and Ryu. I would argue Juri is quite a bit more popular than many of the characters even from the original SF2
Only Honda, Dhalsim, and Blanka. But they've always been the red-headed step-children of SFII though.

Juri's got the right stuff. A good design. Well liked and demanded back for V. She's on the right trajectory for sure. Better than most newcomers since II. But still not top tier. If she's not in VI, product of hers will be a tougher sell. Her 300ES EX is still available at Sideshow 2 years later.

Anything below top tier, and you have to strike while the iron is hot. I was fortunate to get Gouken like that. Laura's fading some now.

People were clamoring for Karin, Ibuki, etc., for V, but now those statues are a tougher sell. Good to do Menat immediately, for the same reason.

Look at the Chun-Li Season Pass. So many editions, sold out fast at a higher ES, even had to add more variants. Meanwhile, Laura, Karin and Mika all available, with lower ES.

Juri Season Pass might sell better than the aforementioned three, but still no Chun-Li.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:44 PM   #18
dao2
Cyclops

To be fair a lot of Chun is just that it is that it's amazingly well done. When I heard chun li I was meh but when they showed it I was in.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:54 PM   #19
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Ya I wasn't feeling another Chun Li statue either when PCS announced the swimsuit version, but in the end they got me not because it was Chun, but because everything finalized looked so much better than what the concept art promised.

When they make Menat great, she will also sell great, since she got everything to be a top tier waifu
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:27 AM   #20
Joppula
Marshal Law

I’m in for regular costume versions. Not doing a bathing suit line.

Please lord do the Chun sculpture in a battle dress. Preferably white!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote